• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • help me decide which tyres to run tubeless on my crank bros cobalts wheelset 29"
  • redhouse246
    Free Member

Hi Guys, i have just bought a set of crank bros cobalt 2’s. Want to try running tubeless on my new build. I have always used kendas in the past with tubes. I mainly do singletrack stuff and trails. I was looking at maxxis ardent but read that you cant run the 2.4’s tubeless. I have also had mixed reviews on the strength of the rims so would like to use a bigger tyre to make sure i dont muller the rims. What would you suggest?

Clobber
    Free Member

Ardent 2.4 29ers have been the easiest tyre I’ve ever set-up tubeless. Completely trouble free, great rolling tyre BUT not for mud…

I’m trying an on-one chunky monkey later today… bargain at £15

redhouse246
    Free Member

Let me know how it goes. That is a good price tyre. I did have some Hutchinsons that were tubeless ready, but as you say they were also rubbish in the mud

redhouse246
    Free Member

I like the idea of the ardent 2.4 just cos of the cushion it must give

IA

This time of year? Beavers FTW.

Clobber
    Free Member

Not enough Cush..

Got the chunky monkey mounted tubeless hopefully take it for a run tomorrow…

IA

Cush is being supplied by the mud at present…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘help me decide which tyres to run tubeless on my crank bros cobalts wheelset 29"’ is closed to new replies.