Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Help deciding on an e-MTB upgrade
  • phatphil

Has anyone swapped the forks out on a levo sl yet?

phatphil

I’m selling a 2020 Orbea Wild FS M Team, mint condition, size L, one ride only and 12 miles. A few upgrades and full dealer paperwork, for £5700.

Why are you selling after only one ride?

Gotama
    Free Member

For what it’s worth Freeborn have been excellent for both me and for riding mates who also have Levos from them. Turnaround on warranty work is very quick, they try and sort any electrical/motor related issue in three days, and will also update anything else required at the same time.

But yes, for ebikes, buy local. After getting my levo i’m very happy i didn’t go the YT Decoy route although it seems that the Shimano system has a lower number of issues when compared to the Brose system.

iainc

phatphil – long term injury meant shoulder reconstruction end of the year and I’ll be off MTB until later this summer at best. Felt there was no point holding onto it unused and depreciating for best part of a year when it’s virtually brand new.. 😟

phatphil

oops
    bad luck
    very wise though – second hand prices are rubbish
    I’d have it but unfortunately my price range is nearer 4k! so will probably be considering an alloy one or discounted levo good luck with it!

biglee1

Why not keep with cube? Try a stereo 140 tm 👍👍😁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M has a turbo levo carbon expert, awesome bit of kit and the Brose motor is leagues ahead of the Bosch unit in her 2015 Cube Stereo.

falkirk-mark

Slight hijack the work has upped the bike to work scheme to 4000 so I was looking for a new bike and was thinking about this

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/mountain-bikes/electric-mountain-bikes/rail/rail-5/p/30037/

What are the thoughts I want a bike with a good frame warranty, I did ask my sons mate (bike shop worker and MTBer) and he reckoned this was the one to go for with the budget in mind.
    N.B my commute is 5 miles on the flat (tarmac) with one small climb (and a couple of kerbs to bump up)

doomanic

OP, assuming you don’t need finance, a Rail 7 should be in budget with a bit of haggling.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Help deciding on an e-MTB upgrade’ is closed to new replies.