Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Helly Hansen Trousers
  • silasgreenback

Can anyone comment on sizing?  Their sizing chart seems ludicrous. According to their charts I’d be a small bordering extra small waist. Legs would be too short but i’ve not worn xs since i was about 6! Would normally be a medium /32 in most brands.

maccruiskeen

Can anyone comment on sizing?

Don’t own any of their trousers so can’t comment directly in that respect  – but a few of the nordic brands in particular  have done a bit of a sizing shift from ‘effective’ to ‘real sizing’

Trousers are described with a ‘waist’ measurement. But it’s not the 1920s anymore so peoples ‘waist band’ actually goes round their hips. But the garment ‘size’ relates to a measurement at the waist whether the garment actually reaches your waist or not.  So often the sizing on the garment is often an extrapolated size not an actual measurement of the waistband (a bit like an ‘effective top tube’ measurement on a bike ins’t the actual length of the tube.)

I know Snickers made a shift with their labelling a few years back, HH might have done the same. If  32″ is what you normally wear it might be worth measuring the waist band on a pair of your 32″ trouser and see what the measurement actually is and try that measurement on the HH size chart and see if it rings a bit more true.

gravedigger
    Free Member

Helly Hansen are all over the place with sizing so it’s difficult to say – make sure you have a good returns policy and order multiple sizes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.