Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hello. Wot's a new iPhone 3Gs 16GB worth?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

As above, I've got an upgrade coming and am considering selling it but not really sure what it's worth?

It'll be new and unlocked if that helps?!

Ta

CountZero

There are various recycling outfits around, including O2, who's prices seem pretty fair, you could be looking at something around £200ish. There's going to be a lot coming onto the market, but plenty of people are likely to want an unlocked 3Gs in good nick.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

ta, i think envirofone said about 250 but it seems a shame to send a never-used phone to them!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

OK another question… can anyone tell me what the deal is re registering an iphone and then flogging it?

The phone is supposed to be coming unlocked but I'd like to test this prior to selling it, but would that mean registering it?

Then, if registered in my name does that mean I can't sell it?!

ta

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

eBay all the way. You'll get £300 for it on there. Forget the recycling places, you won't get anywhere near as much.

If you don't use the iPhone then it won't be registered in your name. Even if it was, then a quick factory restore will sort it out.

Cougar

Recycling price comparison site here – http://mobilevaluer.com/ – seems to come out at about £230.

You'll get more on eBay (especially as it's new and boxed). Have a browse through the auctions to see what similar are going for.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

cheers, is there anyway I can tell if it's unlocked before taking it out of the box and poking it?!

(it hasn't arrived yet)

FuzzyWuzzy

lol @ that eBay one

Jamie
    Free Member

tragically1969 – Member
    You could be hopeful and get what this idiot thinks he will:

Dunno why he wouldn't get that? It comes WITH CASE! after all.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

I don't know why we're all laughing about it – It just sold…

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

bidding ended, but there were no bids! not the same as sold, surely!

anyway…. so anyone able to tell me how I know if it's unlocked etc, before registering it?

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

When I click on the link it says that there was 1 bid?

It doesn't matter if you have to register it to find out if it's unlocked or not. The person who buys it from you can restore it through iTunes, and then re-register it as a new phone.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

oh right, can they definitely re-register it with no problems then?

I don't want to accidentally screw someone over and have to deal with refunds etc!

thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hello. Wot's a new iPhone 3Gs 16GB worth?’ is closed to new replies.