Viewing 35 posts - 241 through 275 (of 275 total)
  • Hello I'm in China
  • Stoner
    Free Member

hup

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m going to say PX customer service were great for me. They were going to ship some stuff to my folks to bring to me in Luxembourg and for whatever reason didn’t manage to get it out. The nice chap at customer service apologised and then had them shipped to me here instead for no extra charge. Very happy but then again I’ve never had any problems with PX/OnOne.

bedmaker

There is definately someone working there with a scooby about customer service as I’ve been treated very well whenever I returned stuff for refund or repair.
    Certainly better than my local Fiat deaer anyway…

molgrips
    Free Member

Is this seriously six pages of bitching about China?

No.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Compositepro:

Sorry I wasnt having a dig I am in agreement with you, that Post was more aimed at 18bikes / Brant / DaveplanetX if they wanted to explore an alternative higher volume solution here in the uk ?

They are a one stop shop, machining / laser profiling / Fabrication / powdercoating etc and for effectively a T45 tubeset might be something to consider ?

compositepro
    Free Member

Compositepro:

Sorry I wasnt having a dig I am in agreement with you, that Post was more aimed at 18bikes / Brant / DaveplanetX if they wanted to explore an alternative higher volume solution here in the uk ?

They are a one stop shop, machining / laser profiling / Fabrication / powdercoating etc and for effectively a T45 tubeset might be something to consider ?

Dom no worries from my part 🙂 its exactly what I would do if I wanted a route to manufacturing 1000 frames.I know from doing road car chassis thats the way to go ,In fact the great plus for doing it that way are the ways of getting away with no jigging which would be a great help for mass production and makes it sound even more tempting.

But alas its far easier to make a living repairing peoples broken carbon things at the moment and I’m not into running a buisness or a brand just engineering

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Brant,

What colour are the 29er steel non swapout frames going to be?

brant
    Free Member

cr500dom – would love to see. more info would be great. You’re aware steel bicycle tubing is down to 0.8mm thick at the ends? That’s a lot thinner than many other structures people are used to welding.

29er steel non swap out frames are shown here, I think – http://www.shedfire.com/2011/12/29/new-inbred-29/ – I can’t see as my image server is blocked in China.

Edukator
    Free Member

SPIRIT: .5/.38/.5
    ZONA: .7/.5/.7

It would be quite something if this thread resulted in frames being built Britain.

compositepro
    Free Member
    cr500dom
    Free Member

Compositepro:
    Dom no worries from my part its exactly what I would do if I wanted a route to manufacturing 1000 frames.I know from doing road car chassis thats the way to go ,In fact the great plus for doing it that way are the ways of getting away with no jigging which would be a great help for mass production and makes it sound even more tempting.

But alas its far easier to make a living repairing peoples broken carbon things at the moment and I’m not into running a buisness or a brand just engineering

You and me both fella, these people go one further than that, they Lasercut all their jigs and the jigs themselves are self jigging too (Slot and tab, tack together) very precice, minimal tooling cost, easily replaceable tooling too, if you damage a bit, release the tacks, lasercut new section, tack in place 😉
    we have discussed doing a bike frame as a bit of an excercise on the side already (We use them for Racecar components at the moment)

Brant, I`ll put something together in an email and put you in touch, worth at least talking to them and seeing what they can offer ?

What kind of batch numbers would you be looking at as a starter ?
    Cheers
    Dom

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Thanks Brant.

Will the slot dropout and horizontal dropout versions be the available in the same colours?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pretty poor example considering they stole the DW link design. They do pretty much nick every design they are asked to build.

Which frame have they coppied? Maestro might be unoriginal, but the glory looks nothing like a IH Sunday.

brant
    Free Member

What kind of batch numbers would you be looking at as a starter ?

A hundred would be ok. Four sizes. 15 per size minimum.

Will the slot dropout and horizontal dropout versions be the available in the same colours?

Slot Dropout = “sand”/milky tea
    Singlespeed = white.

brant
    Free Member

SPIRIT: .5/.38/.5
    ZONA: .7/.5/.7

Not very ENGLISH that tubing though is it?

And yes, I guess you can get 853 down to 0.7 at the ends, but I wouldn’t want to ride back from Ed’s house on it.

brant
    Free Member

keep your chinese workers happy?? Maybe blown out of all proportion

Well I wasn’t there, but most of the factories today are nearly empty and tomorrow will be empty as people leave for Chinese New Year festival.

It’s very quiet in lots of places, except the roads in the centres of town as lots of peoples is going home.

woody74

cr500dom, could you drop me the companies details as well as we are looking at getting some parts fabricated here and the firm sounds very interesting

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Can’t seem to access Twitter, so thought I’d post here.

I think it’s the firewall.

Looking at carbon, merino wool and LED light factories for a few days.

and by buying there cheap crap you’re supporting that regium, **** off i wouldn’t ride one of you’re bikes if my life depended on it… GAS PIPE!!!!

wwaswas

‘regium’ – where the Romans stored people named Reginald?

Sancho
    Free Member

My friend just quit yesterday at Deal extreme, she couldnt stand the conditions, being kept in a dorm and working stupid long hours, for less money than was promised, she is now going home to see her grandparents and will rethink working in the big factories as its really not a nice environment for her or anyone.

I know getting stuff cheap from china is very appealing, but that is nothing compared to the rackets being operated out of Vietnam, Cambodia etc.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

CR500DOM – I’d be interested in the information you’ve sent Brant, if you’d be so kind as to email it to matt@18bikes.co.uk

thanks
    Matt

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

brant you bikes are junk made by slaves…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I trust the integrity and ability of the professional US patent office to judge the worthiness of patent protection over some bloke on the interweb

AFAIK, US patents are pending until someone presents a legal challenge. The lawyers then slug it out to decide who holds the rights. Other than registration, the US patents office has very little to do with it.

BTW. This thread has made me think about where my next bike frame will be coming from.

skywalker
    Free Member

brant you bikes are junk made by slaves.

LOL

CountZero

and by buying there cheap crap you’re supporting that regium, **** off i wouldn’t ride one of you’re bikes if my life depended on it… GAS PIPE!!!!

Put your ignorance back in your trousers, you’re embarrassing yourself. I own two of Brant’s frames. One is made from 853 tubing. I’d very much like to see the reception you’d get if you walked into Reynolds and accused the manufacturers of some of the finest steel tubing in the world of producing ‘gas pipe’
    The trouble with you, jumpupanddown, is you’re just a silly little man who has found a soap box on the Internet to spout your irrational rantings. Your poor grammar and spelling show how poorly educated you are, and ignorant of what goes on in the wider world,
    You really are becoming a laughing stock on here, people tolerate you purely for entertainment value.
    There’s a quote I read once that was aimed at Princess Blair, which I think applies equally to you:

The ethical dwarf, posturing on the moral high-ground, presents a ludicrous spectacle.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Some say my 5 fits in the same category.
    Yorkshire slaves though, possibly from Alifax.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Your poor grammar and spelling show how poorly educated you are,

yes deffo Mea culpa on that one – see what I did there 😛

bigrich

I try and have a chinese free month a year to support the local economy, and its well difficult.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh. We have moved the discussion over to this thread have we?

*(peking)ducks ban-hammers*

wrecker
    Free Member

BTW. This thread has made me think about where my next bike frame will be coming from.

Where dat buzz?

brant
    Free Member

Brant, I`ll put something together in an email and put you in touch, worth at least talking to them and seeing what they can offer ?

I’m sat in their offices now, and Phil’s going to cut me a front triangle in a minute 🙂

wwaswas

ooh, pics?

cr500dom
    Free Member

I’m sat in their offices now, and Phil’s going to cut me a front triangle in a minute

Lol !!
    Saw the pics on shedfire, it’s clever isn’t it 8)

Travis

only just caught up with this, could have met up with you Brant.

Factories are changing here, you’ll be surprised how much the factories are reacting to the SA8000.

Factories are being asked to move inland, to remove some of the problems that have been created with 80% of the work on the coast.

You might think they are slaves, but what’s the alternative?

RustyNissanPrairie

Read a good book t’other week-‘Badly made in China’ not sure how relative it is to today’s Chinease factorys but still an interesting insight to how they did /do business.

Viewing 35 posts - 241 through 275 (of 275 total)

The topic ‘Hello I'm in China’ is closed to new replies.