Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hedkayse folding helmet has arrived…
  • gaidong
    Free Member

No great event you might have thought, except I ordered (via Kickstarter, so some risk accepted) in October…….2015! That’s a 51 month delivery.
    I can’t be bothered with a photo unless I am begged but the package that has arrived is very smart, with a carry case and, indeed, an impressive fold size. Hedkayse did send me a prototype a few years ago due to my incessant whining and whilst the core design seems the same, the finition has changed significantly. A sort of net-textured outer layer with lots of reflectives and a trouser tie thingy thrown in. The prototype is in Myanmar currently so I can’t compare mass but the production model feels lighter.
    I’ll ride with it to work today and will add detail tonight if anyone here shows the slightest interest. I’ll certainly be using as my helmet when riding overseas due to air travel survivability.

epicyclo

Yes, interested. Carrying a bulky helmet around when in town is a PITA

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As above, for pootles to town, pub etc it would be perfect if it’s any good. In the interest of psyuns if you could bob it on then layabout it with a brick or similar whilst videoing would be good.

Bez

I’ve had folding round-town cycling headgear for years 😉

cycling cap

oldtennisshoes
    dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve had folding round-town cycling headgear for years

Did it come free with a bubble pipe?

kcr
    Free Member

Carrying a bulky helmet around when in town is a PITA

I just leave my helmet on the bike. If I’m feeling really security conscious, I put my lock through the straps, but I don’t think there is much of a market for used bicycle helmets.

gaidong
    Free Member

#kcr, especially not when anyone can take a leak on your helmet.
    I paid £55 on Kickstarter, in 2015 pounds of course. Perfectly happy with it, will wear daily.

sillyoldman

Sorry – what??? You’re scared that people will piss on your helmet? Am I reading that right?

cynic-al
    Free Member

A colleague got one and I meant to post up.

Rear coverage is quite high, comfort seemed okay, ventilation less so, and I would hope/expect it will take the shape of your head.

Bulk-wise it’s a bit smaller but it’s still a helmet. Travelling with a folding bike, I get the need for a compact helmet, but I tend not to bother at all, like Bez.

Main selling point is you never need to replace it which means they will sell **** all to the average stw forum member IMO, when there’s always something new/discounted available.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iMuH45QMsNN96jd67

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hedkayse folding helmet has arrived…’ is closed to new replies.