Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Heckler Help..
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Right, I've re-kindled the love for my Heckler, but just one thing just niggles.. 😳

It seems quite "upright".. I feel like I'm in a very sit up and beg postion..

Other than changing the stem length, is there anyway I can make it feel a bit "longer"?? 😕

Excuse the crappy ihone pic..

juiced
    Free Member

different shaped bars?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i find mine very short (Medium) and thats part of the appeal for me, knees close to the bars at times makes it very chuckable

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Layback seatpost? You'd have to ditch the pogo stick though.

Houns

That post is fairly laidback

Teetosugars
    Free Member

juiced – Member

different shaped bars?

Go on…?

Higher rise??

Houns

Looking at the pic you may be able to turn your bars a little forward?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Raceface Atlas Low risers.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

More pricks than a pin cushion – Member

Looking at the pic you may be able to turn your bars a little forward?

Ok.. I'll give that a go..

(:dw:)

Houns

Dunno if it'll do much but try the 'free' things first (saddle adj/stem height etc) then if they don't work, splash the cash

juiced
    Free Member

Yeah, try rolling the bars forward, or trying a lower rise bar with less of a swept back design/position. Although for me part of the hecklers appeal is the short feeling.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Flip your stem, roll your bars forward a touch and slam the stem right to the base of the steerer stack. That'll make it feel lower and longer.

If that doesn't work the obvious thing is changing the bars, but I find that high rise bars offer a much better shape than low rise ones. I just can't get on with low bars.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Luke, the stem is at the bottom of the stack.. So you'd go for a higher rise bar (it's 25mm at the min) rolled further forward??

ton

nick, why not just put a lonfer stem on.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Tony, I'm trying to keep the steering "snappy"..

May just go back to a longer stem… 😳

DT78
    Free Member

You could always try running a bit more sag on the shock? Should make you feel a bit more sat in the bike rather than on it

dano
    Free Member

pop yourself in the tumble dryer for a while and shrink up a bit… the bike will then feel quite a bit bigger…

rolfharris
    Free Member

Ah, stem looks a little high that's all.

If you've already got a high rise bar on then a low rise one will help, but I don't particularly like the shape of low risers. Flipping the stem will help too, although it looks like you've got a 0degree one on there. If you can have a go with a 5/10 degree one upside down then you can see how it feels.

jimmy

my heckler's the same. always a shock when I get on it again – you'll get used to it!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Heckler Help..’ is closed to new replies.