• This topic has 132 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company….. Or is it?
  • antoine
    Free Member

Having heard that after all the hype and pompous self congratulation of the last year, it would seem the 2 self titled saviours of the British and particularly Hebden Bridge’s trouser industry have not only turned their back on the little West Yorkshire town but also pulled out what can only be described as the biggest dick move in recent times on the good people and companies who helped and supported them in their burgeoning business venture.

Much fanfare was made of the seemingly self less venture which would preserve trouser manufacturing in Hebden Bridge. Articles everywhere, social media campaigns, complete with a lot of bushy beards and craft ales. Hipsters unite and feel my cloth for it made by fair yorkshire maidens and your purchase will put food in the mouth of their children who would otherwise have to work down th epit and die of scurvy… or something along those lines.

All good until the news emerged that your trousers “Made In Hebden” were in fact no longer made anywhere near the river Calder…. So much for buying local…. and so much for being honest and telling folks you wanted to maximise profits and had decided to not bother with ethos and integrity anymore.

I do hope the tongue lashing received on social media over the last few days is a lesson learned…. but I very much doubt it. The Kings of the Big I Am will no doubt find a way to weasel out of that particular unsavoury scenario….

Dejected, I’m off to have a pint of Inhaler from Magic Rock. Beer made in Huddersfield. Genuinely…. like it says on the tin….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company….. Or is it?’ is closed to new replies.