Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Heated insoles?
  • FOG

As we rapidly approach winter, I am already not looking forward to very cold feet. I can manage hand and body temperature with decent gloves and cold weather gear but my feet always seem to end up numb and frozen. Last year I tried some chemical one-shot heat pads that worked for an hour but gave up on anything longer.
    So , has anybody tried electrically heated insoles? Do they work enough to stop feet getting too cold?
    Are the wires and controllers too much of a faff? Can they cope with getting wet regularly? They would be mainly for roadbiking but would also end up in the 5.10s on long winter mtb rides.
    There are some on Sportpursuit at the moment for £45 so was tempted to give them a go but didn’t want to waste money.

prawny

I’ve not tried them, but would be interested in others options too.

I’ve had better results with road shoes than MTB shoes, just taped over the holes in the sole, and put a toe cover on then overshoes over that.

daern
    Free Member

My wife would love them as she is perpetually cold 🙂

Personally, winter boots and waterproof socks (and overshoes if I want an extra layer) and that’s all I ever need down to -10C. I’m not too proud to wear my MTB SPDs on the road bike 🙂

FOG

I have been down the winter boots, overshoes, waterproof socks route. It just doesn’t work for me, it must be my long skelington feet! Even wearing multiple socks is out because I need most brands largest size just to get my feet in with one pair of socks

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Most of the heated insoles eat through the the batteries in less than an hour

I was lucky and picked up some size 49 defrosters off here cheap, they are big enough to get thick socks and some toe wriggle room in.

I also now wear long pants in winter, keeps most of the water off your lower leg and therefore out of the big hole at the top of the boot

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Heated insoles?’ is closed to new replies.