• This topic has 27 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Xan.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • HDMI Cables
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Is it worth spending money on an expensive one to connect my PS3 to my new LCD tv? Any recommendations?

Also, can I connect the Sky box to the tv via an HDMI cable as well?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

welcome to la-la land 🙂

Drac

Let the debate begin but the answer is no.

Sky HD uses HDMI not sure about Sky+

uplink
    Free Member

Just have a read of this whilst I put the kettle on & open a packet of Hobnobs will you?

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/signalex-hdmi-cable-for-home-entertainment/

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we had this last week 🙂

Drac
    clubber
    Free Member

No. Cheap is just as good as expensive (with a possible caveat that if you're sending multiple signals down a really long one (eg many meters) it may be worth spending a little bit more).

Talkemada
    Free Member

Right. Tea? Coffee? Biscuits available are; dark choccy digestives, bourbons, Rich Tea and custard creams. I'll send out for some ginger biscuits if people want them.

Sofa's taken I'm afraid.

fadda

Tea, please. And the digestives will be lovely…

tragically1969
    Free Member

mikey74

Spend more than .99p but less than £5 and you will be sorted, no need for magic cables with 99.99% OFC, directional, snake oiled etc. etc.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Tea, no sugar and some Milk Chocolate Hobnobs – Smashin!

higgo
    Free Member

I had mine blessed.

glenh
    Free Member

<sensible answer> Not unless you have a really long cable run </sensible answer>

clubber
    Free Member

Expensive HDMI cables are like getting your BB faced…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

clubber – Member

+ 1 KAZILLION!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Sky+ does not have HDMI, not being an HD setup.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. I didn't think I would be such a can of worms.

On Saturday I went into a local Hi-fi store and asked for an HDMI cable: He tried to sell me a "basic" one that was £50, and then said they do have another one that was £150 (for a 4ft cable 😯 ). I thanked him for his help, sniggered, and walked out.

Guess I'll keep that cheapo one I did buy afterall.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

If I had £150 to spend, it would be on surround sound for gaming on the PS3, not on an oxygen-free, gold-plated, hand-built, twin-turbo HDMI lead.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

HEY!! I've got a nice new shiny BB Facing tool 😡

Talkemada
    Free Member

Milk Chocolate Hobnobs

There's always one, eh? 🙄

Mounty_73

I bought a HDMI cable for connecting my laptop to tv for 1.75, no problems, very good qulaity… it does exactly what I want it to…

coffeeking
    Free Member

HEY!! I've got a nice new shiny BB Facing tool

Sucker!! 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Sucker!!

😆 😆 😆

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

http://www.thatcable.com/ are meant to have good build quality and start less than £5 for 1m. All their cables look good value but I'd still go cheaper for speaker cable – mine came on a 100m roll from TLC electrical at about 50p a metre.

Xan
    Free Member

Hereis where I get mine. Cheap and excellent quality build quality (I like the blingy white ones) Highly recomend them. When I changed from my £2 tesco one to one of these on my 1080p I did notice a difference, I dont care what anyone says!!

higgo
    Free Member

When I changed from my £2 tesco one to one of these on my 1080p I did notice a difference, I dont care what anyone says!!

I don't doubt you did. The placebo effect is very real.

Xan
    Free Member

Also, can I connect the Sky box to the tv via an HDMI cable as well?

Unless it is Sky HD then no, but you should be able to use RGB to give you slightly better quality than scart. Not someting I have really used, but have a look at that link I attached and the cable guy bit should give you some guidence.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘HDMI Cables’ is closed to new replies.