Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Has your email been hacked this week?
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

So,

Following on from two threads about people having their email hacked this week, there’s deffinately something strange going on!

My google mail was blocked on tuesday for suspicious activity, with similar reports from others using google mail and hotmail.

My google mail password was the same as my forum password (yes, I know silly me).

If you’ve had problems this week, do you think it could be STW related, or just a big coincidence?!? 😯

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve been getting spurious emails in my Yahoo mailbox, like links to nowt in particular & a couple off someone I never hear from normally.
    Odd.

wagenwheel

A friend of mine had his gmail hacked yesterday, he’s an occasional stw user.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A collague mentioned the other day that he’d recently started getting a lot of spam. He’s not on STW AFAIK, so could just be a sudden rise for some reason.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Jez, I’ve emailed you, if you can get it? mtbmaff

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

yep my gmail was hacked midweek.. accessed from canada and israel apparently? my facebook was also compromised.

Tom-B
    Free Member

my yahoo account was hacked last week

My bank account was hacked, someone used all the money for beer, bike parts and jaffa cakes.

hecklerboy
    Free Member

Mine was hacked too.
    Same password.

jakey6873
    Free Member

My hotmail was hacked but it’s a completely different password from here

uselesshippy
    Free Member

japan and poland for me.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I had my Gmail and Hotmail hacked as per previous thread. All my passwords WERE the same.

I haven’t heard of anyone else with these problems recently other than this forum, so I am inclined to think it may be STW somehow.

Any mods or forum admin know anything?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K……

Seems the evidence may be mounting.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Defo not stw related for me 2 weeks back. Anyway how to get hacked – the single easiest way 🙁

Use the same password for your email address account and just one other random website or forum. Personally I suspect a major airport parking company. 

Anyway once hacked all your mates will be asked to send money to Barcelona as you’ve been robbed / kidnapped. 

I think some immoral in whatever  website / checkout / forum – harvests our passwords and they get tried just once so we never know they’re after us. 

Defo not stw btw : my hacked email was different. 

futuresorange
    Free Member

I’ve had my hotmail hacked this week, my contacts have been receiving emails from my account with a suspect link attached.

Different password to my stw login though.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Ymail hacked. Different password to STW.

donsimon
    Free Member

Just changed my STW password, better safe than sorry.
    Do you reckon that the new one of 69ZnhEnA732 will be OK?

inbred853

Same here, email hacked, then lots of emails from mates saying WTF have you just sent?

futuresorange
    Free Member

After my previous post i’ve just tried to login to my hotmail and it’s now been blocked due to the amount of dodgy emails. 😯

iainc

I got an ‘accessed from Israel’ on gmail a few days ago. Password was same as here and a few other places. now changed

Special_ized_Jamie

Yeah my gmail account was hacked this week. It told me the ip addresses and it was someone in Poland and Spain

matt_outandabout

Hence why we all should run different passwords, with differing levels of security standards for a forum login vs an email…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

been receiving lots of spam from two friends/contacts the last few days, opened the first, but deleted all others and did a malware scan which was neg. Keep checking my gmail outbox to make sure I’m not auto sending spam which is a neg also, but not sure if that’s how it works. My password to Singletrackworld is completely different to everything else.

zippykona

My hotmail was got at.
    All my contacts got an email about making money at home.

Tiger6791

Stuxnet

saxabar
    Free Member

Interesting… Germany for me (on a Mac)

samcamsdad

hotmail hacked on monday night, all my contacts sent an email with a link about making money with google. one contact who opened the link has had money taken out of his account in america.
    different password to here, so don’t think its linked.

trailflow
    Free Member

Just checked my hotmail and received a dodgy link from someone i recently sold to on here.

samuri
    Free Member

Or is it just people using crap passwords? I know where my money is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whichever you mails all make nice reading and some of you need to not e doing that sort of thing!!

Unless STW are on a big tour and left the list of passwords the hamsters check against every time you log in on a train I would put it down to crap passwords and poor home PC security.

theflatboy
    Free Member

my gmail got compromised a while back (almost definitely via an iphone jailbreak from what i could tell) and since then i’ve got the double level of security on it. bit annoying occasionally but worth it as it makes it basically unhackable.

leffeboy

so I am inclined to think it may be STW somehow.

alternatively a quick websearch for ‘gmail hacked march 2012’ suggests that the problem is somewhat wider.

Jamie
    Free Member

(almost definitely via an iphone jailbreak from what i could tell)

Go on…

zippykona

One of my moody messages mentioned Karl fogarty(sic). A while back I clicked on something on STW about Foggie and got a page about making money. Didn’t think anything of it at the time.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

For all those saying it’s crap passwords- you couldn’t have guessed mine in a million years. Hell, I couldn’t even guess what it was half the time. It’s just shameful Internet nerds who are hacking accounts, probably like yourselves (if we’re dishing out blame), so wind your necks in.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Has your email been hacked this week?’ is closed to new replies.