Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Problem restoring my hacked Hotmail.
  • Ambrose

My Hotmail account was hacked on Tuesday and used to spam my address book contacts- sorry if anyone here suffered because of it.

Two questions-

1- How was this done? Only 1 other person has been told the password, my wife. she is certain that she has not told anyone else and I believe her.

2- I’m trying to re-activate the account and I get this message from Firefox

“This Connection is Untrusted
    You have asked Firefox to connect securely to sn138w.snt138.mail.live.com, but we can’t confirm that your connection is secure.
    Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
    going to the right place. However, this site’s identity can’t be verified.
    What Should I Do?
    If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn’t continue.
    Technical Details
    I Understand the Risks
    If you understand what’s going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site’s identification.
    Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is
    tampering with your connection.
    Don’t add an exception unless you know there’s a good reason why this site doesn’t use trusted identification.”

I’ve googled “sn138w.snt138.mail.live.com” and it seems to be the hotmail log-in page. All seems above board but I’m a bit wary.

I’d appreciate any useful suggestions from well- informed members of a mountainbiking forum- so cheers guys, help me out if you can. Ta, Ambrose

wallop

I was hacked Tuesday as well, though the other half thinks our addresses were spoofed. Nothing has happened since.

Underhill
    Free Member

Mine was hacked as well. Hotmail blocked the account but I was able to access Hotmail again through Firefox & reset the password, nothing since.

Sorry, can’t help you with your access problem except that mine worked with FF.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Can I join the ‘My hotmail got hacked on Tuesday’ club as well please? I got the untrusted connection thing as well, but went in through a different route to the same address and didn’t get the message again.

Ambrose

There is a common theme here. I was hacked at approx 18:25 ish, possibly earlier.

ste_t
    Free Member

I had it on Monday. Logged me out on my android phone, password wouldn’t work to log in again on the app. Used pc to reset password via customer service, as my security question wasn’t my security question. Got a link sent to my work email to reset.

No idea what happened, but looks to be ok now.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I was also hacked. My Gmail too, from somewhere in Egypt apparently.

Just change the passwords and make sure your anti-malware program is up to date.

Underhill
    Free Member

On reflection, I didn’t go through FF, I used Explorer to access my account & change the password. Couldn’t do it from my Android phone at all. HTH

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to work out how it’s happened, anyone else been getting obviously bogus tesco/argos voucher emails?

mrjmt
    Free Member

Wierd, my googlemail was the same on tuesday.

Wonder if its STW related then?

I (yes, stupidly) did use the same password…… (not anymore)

Anyone else?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I’ve just started a new thread about this as it seems strange that a few STW users have been hacked this week!

wallop

It happened again tonight 😡

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Problem restoring my hacked Hotmail.’ is closed to new replies.