• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Has Chain reaction been hacked again?
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Got an email today saying Royal Mail couldn’t deliver a package from chain reaction, having checked through my crc account I’ve already had the items I ordered mid December.
    There’s a link to click but I fear it may be some sort of virus from a dodgy source.
    Anybody else had this?

DezB
    Free Member

Anybody else had this?
    They have indeed: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mystery-royal-mail-delivery
    RM being crap.

NewRetroTom
    flatfish
    Free Member

Ta

chrisdeve
    Free Member

I got the same. Not expecting a parcel

cheers_drive

same here

Stevet1
    Free Member

RM being crap.

If it was RM then wouldn’t people be receiving email notifications about deliveries from other companies as well as CRC?
    I’d guess that as CRC have been acquired by Wiggle and are about to move warehouses that some data cleansing work is going on with there stock inventory to get the receipting records up to date and this has kicked off something linked to Royal Mail.

dhrider
    Free Member

Not if RM are reusing tracking codes which they had previously assigned to CRC.

bruneep

However I’m expecting a parcel and have had no notification. Its just no fair..

ebennett

I’m expecting a parcel, had a notification saying it’s been delivered but it ain’t here!

mikey3
    Free Member

I had an email yesterday from royal mail saying a parcel from crc has been delivered,clicked on the tracking code and it was for a parcel delivered in june.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I had an email yesterday from royal mail saying a parcel from crc has been delivered,clicked on the tracking code and it was for a parcel delivered in june.

that’s what the whole linked thread is about. CRC are aware of it.

project
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

Similar to the AMAZON fraud doing the rounds

Not really. That one says:
    The emails cleverly state that if recipients haven’t authorised the transaction they can click on the help centre link to receive a full refund.
    The link leads to an authentic-looking website, which asks victims to confirm their name, address, and bank card information.

That’s pretty common. I get a few like that. This one just has links to the actual royal mail website and tracking for a real package. Just one that is miles away. Really can’t see the scam

project
    Free Member

try ringing roayl mail and asking them whats up, use the royal mail number off google not of the email.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I raised mine with CRC when it happened.

I am very sorry that you have received an incorrect tracking number for your order CRCXXXX. I have contacted our Shipping department regarding this matter, it looks there was an IT problem at Royal Mail and an old tracking numbers were sent to some customers in error. I really apologise for this.

It’s not a scam, it’s an IT glitch (be it with RM, CRC or a combination). As per Nickjb, the tracking link took me to the original RM tracking page for my old order, which suddenly has a load of updates in January after me receiving the relevant parcel in July 2016.

DezB
    Free Member

If it was RM then wouldn’t people be receiving email notifications about deliveries from other companies as well as CRC?

Mine was.
    Presumed CRC being the common thread on this here forum, was well, because, bikes.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Has Chain reaction been hacked again?’ is closed to new replies.