Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Mystery royal mail delivery??
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Just received an email from Royal Mail with a tracking number saying my item from Chainreaction has been delivered, link and tracking number included in email.

Thing is i’ve not ordered anything for a few months, i’m also at work so I have no idea what this might be. Double checked the CRC website order history and nothing looks dodgy there.

It didn’t look spammy but to avoid issues I didn’t click any of the links in the email but visited the Royal Mail site and used the ref number from the email in the track and trace box and it seems legit. Looks like it’s been knocking about for ages in various states of un-delivery.

Anyone else had this happen? No idea if this is some dodgy spam thing or just a weird email error or delivery mistake.

markshires
    Free Member

What about winning a competition or something?

I know there was some scam I read about a while ago, where you were asked to pay a charge on the package or something, it was from a dodgy/fake courier though so I think pretty obvious.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, I copied the number and checked it on the royal mail website, was for a delivery in July.

wwaswas

are the OP and B.A.Nana the same person?

mike_p
    Free Member

I’ve got the same, not ordered anything in months and nothing missing from previous orders as far as I can tell.

I hope its a new bike…

whitestone
    Free Member

Go to CRC site and check your order history. Also worth checking your emails in case there’s one from CRC with the tracking number – does depend on what you do with old emails though.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Tracking code is the same as a previous order from last year (also in July) an item that I know has been delivered already.

So is this spam, a royal mail email error or has crc sent me the same order out again?

DezB
    Free Member

Same here – got an email for something I’d already received saying they couldn’t deliver and that it was waiting at the local sorting office.
    As I pass the office daily, I thought I’d be awkward and go in and ask for it.
    Bloke in there said they can’t give you anything without a red “We have something for you” card, so what is the point of these emails? He also said RM don’t send emails. Duh.
    I emailed back and complained and got a bit of an apology, which made me feel smug.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Royal Mail do send thee emails as I’ve had these emails previously for tracked items. Guess i’ll just have to wait until home time and see what happens.

whitestone
    Free Member

RM do send emails – I’ve had “Your item will be delivered this morning …” then within a minute or so of signing for it there’s a “Your item was delivered …” email.

devash
    Free Member

I got the same this morning. The tracking info showed that a parcel that had already been delivered in July had suddenly reactivated itself, and been signed for somewhere in Birmingham.

I called CRC because I was expecting something from them, but they said that it must be a technical error as my parcel hasn’t left their warehouse yet.

orangespyderman

A glitch in the Matrix?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Mine’s in Dagenham delivery office, I’m in Skipton north Yorks. They’re going to attempt to deliver it today. 😕

justinbieber

Aww, you’ve ordered me a new frame. Cheers dude

DezB
    Free Member

RM do send emails

I know that, you know that. But it appears their employees don’t know that.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Aww, you’ve ordered me a new frame. Cheers dude

You should be so lucky

I know that, you know that. But it appears their employees don’t know that

Perhaps they use an alternative delivery service as theirs sends out funny emails

devash
    Free Member

Mine’s in Dagenham delivery office, I’m in Skipton north Yorks. They’re going to attempt to deliver it today.

I’m in Skipton too. Maybe a localised issue?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m in Skipton too. Maybe a localised issue

martinhutch

I’m in Skipton as well. Just signed for a load of bike bits I didn’t order.

Happy days!

paul4stones

Me too. Says the parcel has been left with the neighbours but they’re not in to check….

Methinks an error somewhere.

Mine says delivered in Derby – I’m in Northumberland

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Just had the same email at lunch, it matches an order from July 25th 2016 for an Avid Juicy 2007 brake set that CRC only had one of in stock and were literally giving away, they must have found another and think I will need them again some time soon.

solamanda
    Free Member

I just had the same thing. I checked my CRC history and the track number matches an order I made in July 2016 despite the royal mail tracking page showing delivery history for July 2016 (delivered) and Jan 2017 (in sorting office).

It looks like Royal mail are re-using their tracking numbers. I’ve known TNT to do the same.

aracer
    Free Member

Am I missing out then? I have no e-mails from RM regarding mystery CR deliveries 😥

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Am I missing out then? I have no e-mails from RM regarding mystery CR deliveries

Don`t worry aracer unlike me you will save yourself wasting 10 minutes of your life trying to work out what you had ordered in a drunken stupor over Christmas!!

russyh
    Free Member

I have had the same from CRC previously. It properly fried my brain! I spent ages trying to remember what the hell i bought, who was at home to sign for it bla bla. Called the wife asked if she had been home or had anything delivered. Then worked out it was for something delivered 6 months previously. I just presumed something had not been cleared off an automated system and the Royal mail or CRC were cleaning their database.

carlosg
    Free Member

I’m a postie, sometimes there aren’t enough PDA’s to go round and we have to resort to the old fashioned ‘bit of paper’ method for signed/tracked delivery.
    These bits of paper have been known to hang around in bags/pocket or just in the office for months before someone gets round to scanning them into the system. Not saying this is what’s happened but it could be one possibility.

martinhutch

I’ve just had one now – apparently they’ve just failed to deliver something from CRC.

Skipton must be the Bermuda Triangle of bike bits.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Well got home last night and there was nothing, no note or parcel left with neighbour (as the tracking had said it was) so it must of been something like @carlosg said above.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Similar to devash (except for the Skipton bit); I had 2 simultaneous emails (a delivered notification and a failed-delivery notification for the same reference) yesterday, which confused me as I was at home and was expecting a CRC delivery. When I checked the tracking number they delivered the order it refers to (I checked my order history) in July 2016, then there’s a chain of status updates the last couple of days for Maidenhead D.O (not my local office).

I’ve since had a separate email with a different reference number for my current order.

So either a CRC or RM software glitch?

natrix
    Free Member

Not just skip ton, it is happening in Surrey as well

LAT

And in Hampshire.

vmgscot

And Scotland

blitz

Same here. Item delivered from CRC in July. Apparently failed delivery in Dudley. I’m in Kent.

jes
    Free Member

Conversley I am awaiting an order and still haven’t recieved an advisory delivery date email 🙂

happybiker
    Free Member

Just had the same from an order I received in July. This showed as a missed delivery in July then went to the south coast and back to East Anglia?

Sui
    Free Member

i’ve had one as well, immediately checked CRC account and no buying has occurred.

postierich
    Free Member

Looks like a glitch had two customers ask me today if I tried to deliver a parcel yesterday both apparently from CRC

doubledunter
    Free Member

I got this email this morning from royal mail also 😐

Andy-R

So did I, for an old CRC order – weird.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Happening in Milton Keynes too – I’ve had two messages for different parcels one appears to be in Skipton, the other is in an unknown location

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Mystery royal mail delivery??’ is closed to new replies.