Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Has anyone heard the expression "Chuffed as a Chocolate Frog" before?
  • Harry_the_Spider

The wife just said it and was amazed that I hade never heard it before.

Is she weird?

Am I weird?

chewkw
    Free Member

People are trying to invent new phrase to look trendy nowadays like the TV ad “… clean as a squid …”. What is that?

I bet most do not even know what a squid looks like …

Yes, it is weird.

I do it because I do a direct translation from other languages just for a laugh …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What about “as happy as a fat spider”? First heard via the excellent Yorkshire bowler Dizzy Gillespie.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m useless at this, when i was about 21 my girlfriend and her best mate took a load of similes and cut them in half, put them in 2 different pots, mixed them up and then stuck them back together randomly.

To this day i’m still found to be saying things like “I’m as hungry as a mouse”

But never heard that one before, but i’m clearly not an authority on the subject, thanks to the above.

nealglover
    Free Member

People are trying to invent new phrase to look trendy nowadays like the TV ad “… clean as a squid …”. What is that?

The whole concept of that advert has passed you by hasn’t it 🙂

b1galus
    Free Member

we used to say ” as hard as a chocolate frog ” in a somewhat derisory manner

Drac

She sounds as mad as a box of chocolates.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Nope. I’ve heard the clit licking frog joke though.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Two of my favourites..

We’ll burn that bridge when we come to it.
    I take my hand off to you.

firestarter
    Free Member

We call sprogs at work chocolate frogs (army and fire service) also on a frog theme the army also use bayonet as in bayonet frog

Also heard mad as a box of frogs

BillMC

A girlfriend at university who studied Persian and Arabic quoted a Farsi parting phrase, ‘may you never spiral headlong into a bouquet of donkeys’ penises.’ Very evocative I thought.

firestarter
    Free Member

My mate says if you fell into a sea of c0cks you’d come out sucking your thumb. I’m never sure if it means your lucky or unlucky tbh

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuE_a1pTsO4[/video]

hatter

A very demure young Polish lady who works in our office once used a phrase in her native tongue phrase that roughly translated as:

“Don’t stick your tongue out or a cow will piss on it”

Common saying where she grew up apparently, the mind boggles.

chewkw
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

The whole concept of that advert has passed you by hasn’t it [/quote]

Yes, I am afraid to say so …

Yes, I am no longer trendy 🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve heard (& use) ‘daft as a box of frogs’, ‘daft a a ships/lighthouse cat’.

Never heard the chocolate frog one .

trademark
    Free Member

‘mad as a box of frogs’
    I first heard this on here many years ago, and have since only heard it here.
    Used it at work since and the young’uns thought it was a cool saying.

When someone I know annoys me and I, jokingly, wish them mild harm, I use the phrase “I hope your next shit is a hedgehog”.

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

My dad’s best mate says “like a stocking to a chickens lip;” ! I always walked away smirking puzzled.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone heard the expression "Chuffed as a Chocolate Frog" before?’ is closed to new replies.