Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Has anyone ever won anything substantial?
  • chipster

About 10 years ago, I won a 19″ TV in the free draw at work. That was a surprise.

Back in the late 70s, one of my mates was on good terms with the manager at the nightclub we used to go to. They made a deal where my mate and I paid £50 each for our number to be drawn out for first prize in the raffle… A week in Faliraki!

DavidB
    Free Member

I won a £29,000 investment from Ordnance Survey in my business after entering their Geovation competition

ElShalimo

@dirkpitt74 – I think you’ll find that I’m Spartacus!!

sadexpunk

used to win regularly on local radio 15 to 20 years ago. it was a competition that ran the same time every day each week, the caller of the day had to answer 5 questions in the quickest time, ’60 second dash’ or something like that, quickest time that week won.

obviously everyone would ring in and hog the phone lines during the song before the competition started, but i worked out that to stop that happening, they’d wipe the phone lines once theyd told people to ring in, to give people a fair chance.

it was during the years where if you rang someone and it was engaged you could press 5 and theyd ring you back automatically when the call finished. sneaky sneaky, id ring during the previous record, get the engaged tone, press 5 and sit back and wait. sure enough, when they wiped the phones mine would start ringing, id pick it up and be on one of the lines.
    didnt get picked every day, but i had a good success rate. even more sneakily, if i got a good score early in the week id still get on for the rest of the week and pretend to be someone else, putting on a different voice and getting a crap score to make sure mine was still fastest of the week.

won a variety of prizes, all expenses paid trip to epsom derby with poncey meal, helicopter trips, VHS recorders, that sort of thing.

stopped doing it as i felt guilty in the end……

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

Only three I think that got me excited…

A couple of Weebles in a competition in some kids magazine when I was a toddler.

‘AC/DC – Blow Up Your Video’ on vinyl in a Ceefax or Teletext competition.

£490K on the lottery.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Good mate won 50k on a 10quid free bet on a football acca.

Personally won 1k on postcode lottery.

However having worked for a local radio station I would say to everyone enter the comps on them. Very few people call in so you have a decent chance of winning.

onehundredthidiot

Off the back of this I entered a competition. Ended up winning a mystery box from a US MTB shop. Could be good could be rubbish but hey, gotta be in it to win it.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone ever won anything substantial?’ is closed to new replies.