Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • most difficult location to reach with your bike, in the UK?
  • ton

what is the most difficult location you have managed to get to with you bike.
    or what would be the most difficult location to reach.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The middle of a council estate in Liverpool ? 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I reckon Danny Mac and the Cullin is up there for a winner.

For me probably the long and wrong way up a few spots in the lakes

40mpg

A parking space at Swinley 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

London

towzer

just opposite Muckle Flugga(*childhood ambition) mainly due to getting near enough to cycle – the joys of finding remote locations

Daffy

Striding Edge?

ton

someone must have done striding edge.

rickmeister

Striding Edge, early 1990’s, Marin Nail Trail, 20mm elastomer forks and V brakes, Tick.

Including the small traverse path across the main face to the summit …

Now sitting in a small pool of wee….

lunge

The Decathlon store in Wednesbury. Either an hours ride through horrible Black Country towns, a 45 minute ride up some equally horrible dual carriage ways or 45 minutes on a train to Bescott Stadium and a 15 minute ride through the arse end of Wednesbury.

The bimonthly trip to Decathlon is the one time I regret selling my car.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Through the main gate in Downing Street?

br
    Free Member

Any commuter train

boblo
    Free Member

Black Sail pass with a full load (ahem) is a bit of a push.

ton

smart arse answers are rubbish.

epicyclo

Rockall?

rocketman
    Free Member

Not in the Uk but the Roque Del Conde is looking pretty fricken impossible 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

Oh not in the UK? Dark side of the moon then…. Plonker 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Top of this hill?

fergal
    Free Member

A traverse of the Aonach Eagach ridge trumps Striding edge, two muppets did carry there bikes along it.

Ben Macdui for me, massive descent that feels pretty full on and commiting due to the remote location, then a big hike past the falls of Avon and on over the shoulder of Bynack mor back to civilisation, feels fairly remote.

toby1

Not that I’ve tried, but I reckon the kid on his bike delivering the paper to this lighthouse has a few tricks up his sleeve

smart arse answers are rubbish.

😳

TomB

A really unpleasant spot is the traverse from great end to scafell pike. Horrid, bouldery, rubbish. Do not attempt!

peakyblinder
    Free Member

Ben Macdui for me

I walked most of that!! Boulders the size of hatchbacks, I seem to recall removing 80% of my bikes paint on that.

Bloody lovely spot though. Till the midges in the forest t’other side devoured us.

warns74
    Free Member

Peaslake car park on a Saturday morning when the sun is out!

warns74
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Top of this hill?

There’s a race up that (Gold Hill in Shaftesbury) every year if you fancy it?!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

real life? I was still in the piss take answers….

The ride in from Oz would probably take a while

munrobiker
    Free Member

Macdui does have the advantage in this argument of requiring a really big day out to ride (we did it in around 40 miles, and it was amazing) but isn’t especially difficult to ride.

I think the hardest entirely rideable thing I’ve done is the Ben Nevis tourist path.

Taken my bike up many stupid things but I’d say Sail in the Lake District descending pretty much directly East is the least rideable for the longest way I’ve fone.

brassneck

Top of this hill?

Was going to say I’ve done that and warns74 has stolen my piss. In a manner of speaking.

IanMunro
    Free Member

someone must have done striding edge.

I did Crib Goch once. It was my first time along it, but I reckoned it was doable cos I’d read about the Crane cousins doing it. Wouldn’t be in a hurry to repeat the experience.

misterduncan
    Free Member

When you say you did Crib Goch, did you cycle much/any of it or was it all carrying?

Either way – hats off!

warns74
    Free Member

Was going to say I’ve done that and warns74 has stolen my piss. In a manner of speaking.

Purely for sanctioned drug testing….!

I rode down it in the wet once, was interesting trying to slow down enough before you hit the row of cottages at the bottom!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Anything suggested by Kenny Wilson. But my vote goes to the Old Man of Hoy.

fergal
    Free Member

Now if you rode from surrey to the Old Man, i would be impressed, this would show commitment to the cause, it’s quite an adventure getting over there to climb it, seems quite popular these days.

mamadirt
    Free Member

The sheepskin rug in my lounge. Only accessible by bike when papadirt is out 😆

OCB
    Free Member

Smart arse maybe, but I would still echo the ‘commuter train’ comment up the page.

Why can something that’s at least five hundred foot long (ish 😉 ), only take four bikes at a time?

bones
    Free Member

mamadirt – Member 
    The sheepskin rug in my lounge. Only accessible by bike when papadirt is out

Nice RR.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cheers! Belongs to my son . . . wish I could play 😕

back2basics
    Free Member

the Queens fu**ing bedroom.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Michael Fagin got onto the Queen’s bedroom twice. Can’t be too hard. Met him once. Very slimey. My Jack Russell tried to chew his hand off.

mtbel
    Free Member

did it smell of old trout?

RustySpanner

Surely?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘most difficult location to reach with your bike, in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM