Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Long shot – Roque Del Conde from Costa Adeje?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Got some hols in Tenerife next month wondered if anyone had hiked/biked up Roque Del Conde from Costa Adeje? The tourist route starts from Vento but the hill is right behind us

Ta

Sandwich

Open Street Map would suggest that you are in for a big day out as the path goes from Adeje to Vueltas de Adeje and then meets up with the path from Vento about 200m West of the Barranco del Rey. On the plus side you won’t need to go down into the Barranco and then up the other side. Mrs S did the Vento walk with bad ankle ligaments after we caught the bus from Los Cristianos. It’s a quite rugged bit of terrain from Adeje direct to the Roque with a fair few banana plantations on the lower slopes.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok thanks Sandwich. There’s some interesting detail on OpenStreetMap

Do you know if the big Barranco (on the Vento side) is open? Last time we were in the area (Oct last year) the locals said it was closed until further notice (rock fall/landslide)

Ta

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hammyuk
    Free Member

It’ll vary depending on the time of year.
    Be really, really, really prepared for a very long day out though. The terrain is a lot harder than it looks.
    I was part of the rescue team for the area for a number of years and we got tired of carrying out people who underestimated it. That and they often didnt like getting handed the bill afterwards too….
    Email me if you want any more info 😀

Sandwich

My experience is from late 2012 so I’m not aware of any rock fall. Sorry.

rocketman
    Free Member

No problem thanks anyway

hammy – YGM

mogrim

Wikiloc is my “go to” for Spanish routes: http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=7729174

Looks to be nearly 20km and almost a 1000m climbing – plus heat + terrain. A tough day out!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Replied – hope you’re feeling fit 😆

rocketman
    Free Member

Looks to be nearly 20km and almost a 1000m climbing – plus heat + terrain. A tough day out!

Pfft :mrgreen:

But that route looks good ta

Yeah thanks Hammy 😯 🙂

Potdog
    Free Member

Just avoid the GR route unless you enjoy the risk of a BIG fine if caught riding on there. Its pretty regularly patrolled by the SEPRONA and they love to boost the islands coffers given a chance.
    The walking season is coming to an end here now, so would at least be fairly quiet up there. Not a trail I’d generally use though, bit too risky in terms of getting caught on prohibited trails.

rocketman
    Free Member

If anyone’s on their hols around Costa Adeje and decides to head in the opposite direction to the beach it’s a good hike

Head over to the San Eugenio roundabout and follow the road uphill. When you get to Roque Del Conde street follow it up through the hillside development until the end of Calle Andorra. Here a cut-through takes you onto the olde Adeje-Arona track which contours round the hillside. After crossing the shoulder there’s a longer easier track that descends and crosses the Barranco Del Ray or you can do what we did and follow the contours round until you meet up with the tourist path from Vento. From here on it’s a straightforward hike up to the summit. Coming back down we followed the trail back into Vento and walked along the TF-51 a short distance to rejoin the easy path over the Barranco

12.5 miles 3600 ft ascent not too shabby. All on openstreetmap

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – Roque Del Conde from Costa Adeje?’ is closed to new replies.