Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hardcore 29ers…do they work?
  • filks

As above really – do the hardcore 29er full sussers (130+ mm travel) work or should I really be looking at 650b because the advantages of the bigger wheels are lost for that kind of riding?

Northwind

Absobloominlootely. Easy answer, go and ride a Five 29er, they are bloomin excellent. I loved the Remedy too (and the women’s enduro world series was won on one, so pretty well proven). And there’s a bunch of others I’ve not ridden that should do the same. Basically they don’t feel “29ery”, the Five feels Fivey and the Remedy feels like the other Remedies would if they were ace.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Does hardcore = slow, technical stuff, or fast open stuff?

filks

Mixture of both I guess. Capable of megavalanche etc. Dare I say it – enduro really

sprocker
    Free Member

My banshee prime is doing the mega with me next year, it handles anything I can do and more, you do need decent wheels though

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve turned into a 29er evangelist since buying a Stumpy Evo.

I’d say yes, go for it. I’ve found that my Stumpy doesn’t jump as well as my 26er but it more than makes up for it on the descents. The wheel thing worries me, so I’m in the process of rebuilding my stock Roval wheels with brass nipples and ProII hubs.

bigperm
    Free Member

I have a canyon spectral 29(130mm) best bike i have ever owned. Fast stable and very capable was in wales last weekend handled everything i chucked at it. Was a bit worried about the slow speed handling before i bought but no problem at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hardcore 29ers…do they work?’ is closed to new replies.