Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Hard tail decision time
  • thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have a Shan GT frame in Rothmans colours that will be coming up for sale shortly, its an XL, but I am usually a Large (6ft) as they measure up a bit small.

Stigheed

No. I have not bought a Vendetta. Interestingly I found an old copy of Singletrack that reviewed the Vendetta against the Nordest Bardino it and the Sonder Signal. If I was to get a titanium hardtail it would be to replace my Stanton Sherpa that I like but don’t love.

If I were to do that it would not happen until later this year as I am minded that I “need” a 27.5 steel hardtail in addition to a 29er hardtail.

Stigheed

Thanks but no, I’m definitely looking for a 27.5” hardtail. They are lovely looking bikes though.

Stigheed

Just ordered a new Pace RC627 frameset. Will build it up next week and report back. Blue with black decals in XL.

TheGhost
    Free Member

Great decision

vincienup
    Free Member

Threatening to buy a horse isn’t fair.

Livery can easily hit 4-5k a year depending where you are, and that’s just keeping it alive and looked after. Not even vet bills. Bikes are much cheaper!

Stigheed

I was going to demo some bikes at the Malvern Classic on the 16th but I had also promised to take my 9 year old son. We will be taking his bike too but I doubted I would really be able to rag 3 or 4 bikes back to back with him in tow. Now I’ll simply take my son and have a nice day out together.

There’s a really good interview with the Pace designer, Adrian Carter on Youtube and his latest bikes came across really well – so I decided to take a punt. I liked the geometry and it has a decent tubeset. Only time will tell however…….

dickydutch

Any news on your build Stigheed? I’m about to take the same plunge as you…

Stigheed

No news yet, the frame is due to arrive tomorrow even though I ordered it 3 weeks ago! I will update this thread once it is built. I am planning a trip to FoD this Friday so I should be able to give it a good run.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Hard tail decision time’ is closed to new replies.