Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)
  • Happy Valley is back tonight.
  • swavis

Mumbling is awful (thank **** for subtitles) but I’ve stuck with it and it’s ramping up nicely. 🙂

woody2000

but did the farmer’s son admit to the murders?

Yes, but only to his mother.

Ah, but did he? She put the words in to his mouth I reckon, I don’t know if he actually said he’d done anything specific. Anyway, I reckon he shot her, not the other way round.

So, who’s the murderer? Is it the farmer boy? Clare’s alcy boyfriend? Moaning Myrtle? I reckon the kinky pics of the cop will turn up at some point too. Oooh, in’t it exciting! 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

The boyfriend bloke is the murderer.

globalti
    Free Member

Did the farmer’s boy actually admit to killing the women or was he trying to say he’d been sheep-rustling?

oomidamon

The boyfriend bloke is the murderer.

Yes, but which boyfriend? My money is on it being the detective’s Mrs’s boyfriend – registration number clue last week…

solarider
    Free Member

Registration number clue last week?

Happy Valley doesn’t have a history of plot twists. I think we have our man in the farmer’s son. Just a question of the rest of the plot lines playing out in the final episode.

Her sister’s boyfriend will feature because he will come forward about Vicky blackmailing him which will lead to the detective that actually killed her via his now estranged wife.

The as yet unseen man with whom she is having an affair won’t feature.

That’s just my view, and anything is possible!

allthepies
    Free Member

Just looked at the TV Guide blurb for next week’s episode.

I won’t put it up here 🙂

woody2000

It’ll be this fella, he’s a right odd ball. Messed up in the head he is….

😉

wallop

He’s a smashing little actor.

sadexpunk

what i thought would be a good little twist is when the copper was bluffing his wife about her affair, and her not having any proof of his, that she said shed known all along about his affair with that ‘blond lass that works in the dept store’. he’d have sh1t himself. then he’d have to decide whether to kill his wife or not. could still happen? unlikely tho as she would have said it at the time.
    think he’ll get away with it tho as its a better storyline if he does.

as for the ‘who shot who’ i think mum did kill son but turns out he wasnt confessing to killing the women and she killed him for nowt. it will have been sisters boyfriend who killed them.

frances will try and smuggle ryan into prison to see his dad and will be foiled.

cracking series, great acting.

RustySpanner

The murderer is Nevison.

The Evil Knesovitches will murder the sister or the convenient saintly translator, setting things up nicely for series 3.

Tommy Lee will kill himself after MM joins the Trades Club and settles down.

Bad cop will kill either his female colleague or Ann, finally throwing himself off Stoodley Pike with Cath in hot pursuit.

milkyman
    Free Member

Farmers wife is the murder of the prostitues

the fella locked up for the murders has been helping out the kensovites or what ever they are called

the bent cop is goint to kill or try to kill his wife, funny enough i saw her walking the dogs the other day in the woods, I should of asked her what was going to happen

moaning mumbling scottish woman that gives me the creeps, not got a theroy on this

and female cop and tommy must be headding for a show down but not sure how that will happen

Trimix
    Free Member

No, that’s all quite unlikely. Just think about where they are.

Much more likely they will all go out mountain biking, the only plot to be resolved will be the 26 vs. 27.5 vs. 29 vs. + size 🙂

milkyman
    Free Member

lol,are you watching the same program as the rest of us???

wrightyson
    Free Member

We watched last night. It’s just quality. Riddled with good actors. If the wife says next week we’ll record it and watch it another day I’ll be pricing up a new new patio. It’s Tuesday 9pm or nothing for the finale…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Farmers wife is the murder of the prostitues

So he’s married to his mum? I knew that sort of thing went on round there.

milkyman
    Free Member

wasnt sure if it was farmers wife was his wife or his mum, but any way i think she is the one doing the killing, i think

allthepies
    Free Member

That’s a good call actually.

swavis

I thought it was his sister 😯

RustySpanner

Who knows, I assumed mother?
    Buuut, we’re paddling in a very shallow gene pool round here.
    A virgin in Calderdale is defined as someone who can run faster than their siblings.

milkyman
    Free Member

i think that because at the begging of the series one of the cops said its not always men that do the horrible things, so my theroy is

she killed her son because he had been seeing the girls and in his simple mind he had been hurting them, mum is angry at the girls and kills them

he feels guilty about seeing them but not killing them so want to turn himself in, mum doesnt want the police coming round so gets rid of the son, could go on but im in a rush to go out

great program though

globalti
    Free Member

Bear in mind that the Police caught Peter Sutcliffe by accident.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

When’s it going to come out that the detectives cheating wife is actually a man called Harold?

scandal42
    Free Member

She way laying on the whole ‘person with the smashed car might have seen something’ line when he was sitting on the wall.

Almost as if she was testing him, did he see her murder them?

oomidamon

Registration number clue last week?

The working girl who’d been attacked last week gave a partial reg number. When the detective went home and was locked out the car parked on his drive had the same partial reg. So it’s either Hayley/Harold or her/his bit on the side.

solarider
    Free Member

Nope, that’s at best coincidence. She described a white van with that partial registration number, which perfectly matched the one driven by the chap from Harry Potter who is currently languishing in the cells (it would appear) wrongly accused.

sadexpunk

dont forget…… last one tonight.

Drac

Mumble mumble mumble body mumble mumble mumble murder mumble mumble.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Here we go….

Mr_C
    Free Member

I thought it was his sister

Turns she was his mother and sister.

That ending wasn’t quite as dramatic as I expected, but all the better for it, I thought.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Wide open for a third. Definitely tamer than the first series. Perhaps the rising popularity will prompt them into buying some decent sound equipment…

Shackleton

What are all the comments about the sound? I thought all the dialogue was perfectly clear. Or am I missing something?

wrightyson
    Free Member

From my very first post I think I mentioned it. I have the telly on about 3/4 volume to hear it, I struggled like hell when Catherine was round at frances’ house, especially when it was scenes where you couldn’t actually see her speaking. It was noted quite vocally on the beebs website too regarding the poor spoken word audibility.

Drac

What are all the comments about the sound? I thought all the dialogue was perfectly clear. Or am I missing something?

Lancaster mumbles something rotten in her quest to act.

Shackleton

Nope, not getting it. Accent? Are the people who can’t hear what is going on from more southerly climes? Maybe dealing with students all the time has left me with the ability to decipher mumbles…..

solarider
    Free Member

Are we meant to think that John died from his fall off the bridge onto the car?

So, both murderers died rather than being brought to justice?

And what of –

The Kinesivitche’s?

The other chap from Harry Potter locked up for the murders, but clearly no choir boy?

A fairly straightforward playout of the existing storylines. Not as hard hitting as I hoped.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I don’t get the complaints about mumbling. Don’t think I missed a word the entire series.
    Poor TV speakers perhaps?

wilburt
    Free Member

Sound was fine here, every word a pearl.

Drac

Certainly not the accent or poor speakers, she mumbles.

wilburt
    Free Member

Three post saying the same thing on one page, calm down petal.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Happy Valley is back tonight.’ is closed to new replies.