Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • Happy Valley is back tonight.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Thought the first series was quality. Brutal even at times. Hope the second series lives up to the first and Lancashire is as good again.
    Just got to get through holby city without falling asleep first….

johndoh
    Free Member

Is there anywhere I can catch the first series (totally missed it first time around) before we watch this series?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had a quick look and there’s only a 5 min catch up of series 1 available at the moment.

nickjb
    Free Member

I expect you can buy it from the BBC shop. Other less reputable, but substantially cheaper sources are available. Might be on YouTube.

Drac

She mumbles a lot doesn’t she?

johndoh
    Free Member

I find YouTube so hit and miss that I never bother – will probably end up buying the DVD from Amazon..,

WillH

It’s on Netflix, first month is free IIRC and there are only half a dozen episodes in series 1 so plenty of time to watch them all. Just remember to cancel the Netflix sub before you get charged.

johndoh
    Free Member

Is it on Netfix??? I am sure I looked on there…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Straight in there then!

WillH

Could be in a different region, I tend to flick around using a VPN. You can get access to a VPN cheaply for short periods (my dad is currently visiting us in NZ, he set up a VPN so he can keep up with the football on iplayer and sky sports online – three quid for three months or something, and apparently very straight forward)

wallop

Was Frances Drummond in series one?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice build up.

johndoh
    Free Member

Nope not on UK Netfix 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Anyone else have trouble with the sound quality? Seemed to be constantly increasing the volume but still unable to hear or comprehend. 😐

rone

It was on UK Netflix but is on Canada/US and various South American regions.

The first series has really stayed with me. Excellent writing and acting with boot loads of tension. Terrific setting too.

This was a great start tonight, but I’ve know idea where it’s going as there was a lot of set up and loose-ends.

rone

As for sound quality – this is becoming a modern problem with sound mixes in general; they are being set up for big swings of dynamic range – arguably getting more realistic but at the same time becoming more indistinct on the vocals. More so, unless it’s being piped at large volumes on decent speakers systems.

Gone are the times when everything was compressed for the mono portable telly in the corner.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone else have trouble with the sound quality? Seemed to be constantly increasing the volume but still unable to hear or comprehend. 

Sound quality was poor. I thought it was the bloody kids messing with the settings again on my shitty Samsung telly speakers. 😳

cinnamon_girl

Not just me then!

integerspin
    Free Member

I could barely hear some of her mumbling.

Bregante

Agreed about the mumbling and overall sound quality. Could barely hear a word of the “interview” about her whereabouts.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve just done something I’ve never done before and looked at the points of view web page. It’s been royally slated by quite a lot of folk for poor sound quality so it’s not just us lot. Shame really.

swavis

+1 on the sound quality. Agree it’s a modern thing as we forever seem to be turning the volume up and down on some programs 😐

Drac

Even though my ‘modern’ sound system it was crap, not helped by her mumbling.

milkyman
    Free Member

I am struggling with the sound as well, my hearing isn’t good to start with and last night I had it on max volume, will they do sub titles for it?

globalti
    Free Member

It’s not just this show; lots of TV and film stuff has been criticised for mumbling.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mumbling? I though many folk were from that neck o’t woods!

Good drama if slower than expected given trailer. Its a Corrie/Downton reunion show!! Cue:

“Now what was he/she in….?”

Norton as aristo (War and Peace) or trouble (Happy Valley)- which is better?

Drac

Mumbling? I though many folk were from that neck o’t woods

Accents aren’t a problem but mumbling is.

Ok Sarah we want you to act like you exhausted, stressed and that you are just worn out by your job.

I can do that.

Mmmmmmmbbbbbbb officer mmmmbbb suspect mmmmmmmmmbbbbbb.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

Wolf Hall syndrome??

stumpy01

We ended up putting the subtitles on…!

integerspin
    Free Member

I think they employed deaf blokes as sound engineers.

colournoise

All Tom Hardy’s fault no?

MadBillMcMad

poor sound – me too – thought we were getting old.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Anyone else looking at the scenery and thinking what a cracking place to live with riding from the door? 😀

Drac

I looked at it and thought I’ve ridden there.

Trimix
    Free Member

As for riding, its too steep and there are no trees.

Drac

Wimp.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i had no issues with the audio, apart from Clare’s new boyfriend sounded a bit high pitch!

did have a problem with stupid sweepy swoopy camera shots tho…

Bregante

Drac – Moderator
    I looked at it and thought I’ve ridden there.

Yep. Recognised a few bits, including one of our MNPR venues I think.

mt
    Free Member

they were just across the road from the Riverhead at one point, nice pint there.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

didn’t see a single Orange or planet x bike – were they in series 1?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘Happy Valley is back tonight.’ is closed to new replies.