• This topic has 171 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by br.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)
  • Hangs head is speeding shame….
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Less than 15 mins drive from some of the best beach breaks in the UK? I doubt it. East coast often clean but often flat.

Needs to be Scarborough or above to be worth surfing.

TJ – why not move there then? And what about Wales? Much closer.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Nah needs to be Coldingham or above to be worth surfing, or Machrihanish or above on the west coast. Not crowded you see. Ooops.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Not crowded for a good reason – freezing cold + no groundswell window.

A nearby break at 9am on my Birthday – hardly crowded. You just need to know when to go in.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

That is tiny. Freezing cold is just a state of mind and a crap wetsuit.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Flat it might be, looks beautiful though. I could sit there all day just watching that view. 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Tiny? It was over head high – big enough for most and far far warmer.

My nearest break about a month ago:

Anyway enough of this – Jimmy – been surfing long? Travelled much (to surf)?

RustySpanner

Edited – for my own sanity.

jimmyshand
    Free Member

Surf-Mat. Yes around 18yrs on and off and yes all over the planet.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Recent barrel shot from my local – 95% certain it's me (I was in that day, it's the same board and stance as me, it was very quiet) from November, my mates think it's me.

And a poo stance "just before a barrel" that is 100% me at the same spot:

Honeymoon was 5 months of Oz and NZ – Byron was nice. I'm in this one (wife took it – she hadn't realised it's best to be able to see the subject properly when snapping barrel shots!!)

No more surf pics – a promise.

cynic-al
    Free Member

WOW!!!

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I have a grand total of zero surfing photos. Spent a few months in Tahiti and Fiji a few years back which was grand.

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno… surfing just doesn't do it for me.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Very nice – we were booked to go to Indo after Oz and NZ (NZ was outstanding for waves) but the East Timor war got a bit lairy.

Mostly done Europe – lots of France, Portgual and Spain and a lot of the UK.

Mol – it would if you tried it and liked it – Porthcawl, Llantwitt and the Gower all nearby and have plenty of waves.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Surf mat my hero.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Another fan to add to the list then… 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

surfboard/keyboard warrior

TooTall
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member
    And Bristol – good stuff a drive away but Bristol is hardly MTB heaven is it TooTall? And you WILL have your bike nicked very soon. Lived there for 8 years – Cornwall is about 1351351535 times better for MTBing.

The difference is that I'm not dissing other forum users for where they live and ride – just pointing out the irony in yet another of your Johnny Two-Sheds posts. For the last 15 years I've not lived anywhere longer than 2 years, so I make the most of where I am and learn to enjoy what is there. You, on the other hand, live in utopia and we're all poorer for not living there with you. 🙄

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

surfboard/keyboard warrior

Despite all the photo evidence?

Fail.

Too Tall – I'm rather glad none of you live with me.

GrahamS

WTF is going on?

I came in here expecting some proper childish-bickering about speeding and instead I find childish-bickering about who has the smallest hills and the most surfiest beaches!

It's not on I tell you.

yossarian
    Free Member

Despite all the photo evidence?

evidence of what? i know bugger all about surfing and for all I know you might be crap at it. if you want to show off your skills why not piss off to a surfing forum and wave your cock around there.

hora
    Free Member

Are you lot still arguing?!!!!!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Surfboard warrior suggests I don't surf. I have just posted pics showing that isn't true – I do surf a lot. There are plenty of other surfers on here and I'm sorry you never learned to do it yourself – you are missing out.

Now will you get huffy every time someone mentions any other sport or is this just ill disguised green eyed rant?

Not hard to guess.

Now did you make that move to Wells? My sister lives there. Not a bad place but a complete ar5e to get to by any form of transport.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez Mat you do take yourself a bit seriously, if you really were as awesome as you claim you'd not be getting drawn into nonsense like this and taking it seriously.

Hmm perhaps a "who's taken themselves too seriously this week?" thread on Fridays.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Al – the thing I can't understand is why people like you think I take things too seriously. Why be "serious" on a forum like this? Hardly a useful way to waste time. What happens is, people take me too seriously while I'm not being serious. It then really gets to them so they start to get a bit stalkerish.

I then sometimes "check them out" (very easy to do) and without fail, always find out they are a bit sad/geeky/nerdy/insecure. The ones who aren't never bother getting all antsy over a few surf pics or a bit of banter.

So why not look at yourself?

This happens again and again.

It's rather odd.

RustySpanner

Surf-Mat,

Perhaps people aren't jealous.

Maybe they

a) Are just wondering why you are so insecure.

b) Don't care why you're so insecure, but just enjoy winding you up anyway.

yossarian
    Free Member

Jeez Mat you do take yourself a bit seriously, if you really were as awesome as you claim you'd not be getting drawn into nonsense like this and taking it seriously.

+1

Thanks Mat, I enjoy watching your ever more frenzied attempts to appear cooler than everyone else.

oh and RS has it to a tee, I'm in the b group, just so you know 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Mat – if I said that Cornwall is indeed the best place in the UK, would it make you feel happy? 🙂

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Whenever there's multiple posts on a forum topic I now skip to the end to see who's being a knob, why they're being a knob, and what they're bing knobby about. Just in case I'm missing something vital, like.

yossarian
    Free Member

Now did you make that move to Wells

f-ck me, check out the stalker! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

what exactly happened to make everyone gang up on surf-mat I keep seeing it on threads but dont see him being any more trolly or keyboard warrior or sarcastic than anyone else.
    Does anyne really think that Lincoln has better mtb that Cornwall? It is flat FFS how could it?
    PS I cant see your photos at work and have no interest in your surfing claims so cannot comment

cynic-al
    Free Member

Most knobs on here know they are being knobs….Surf Matt however is better than all of them.

LOL @ the tag BTW.

yossarian
    Free Member

As in 'real' life there are alwasy certain people who can give it, but not take it…

RustySpanner

Edited because of pity.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like him too, he just doesn't see he's no better than others on here.

TooTall
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Don't care whether he means it or not, I find him quite funny.

Laughing at him, with him or near him?

trail_rat
    Free Member

one up man ship to a whole new level – he on-upped me once …… it made me chuckle

molgrips
    Free Member

I like him, but he seems to be insanely competitive.. he seems to have trouble seeing that some things are not a competition. You can't reduce everything to 'mine's better' – life's not like that.

yossarian
    Free Member

I like him too, he just doesn't see he's no better than others on here.

yep, he seems like quite a likeable chap when not running around with his fingers in his ears shouting insults at people who disagree with him. Its always possible his online persona is different to his real one 😯

RustySpanner

I think he's unintentionally amusing, because like the rest of us, he's not half as clever as we all occaisionally think we are.

Seems like a pleasant bloke though and let's face it, unintended humour is better than no humour at all, as long as you have the ability to laugh at yourself as well as others.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Did someone disagree with me – right, that's it:

Did someone speak?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘Hangs head is speeding shame….’ is closed to new replies.