Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Hands up if you only own ONE bike and what is it?
  • disben

On One Scandal – used to have a Specialized FSR but sold it to get some funds last year. Until recently the wife had two, but back to one Specialized now!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Charge Blender is my one and only..

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Soul….(so) sorted

pickle
    Free Member

Only one MTB, C456……….But i do have 9 BMX’s 😳

darbeze
    Free Member

2010 Felt Q620

Set of mud tyres and set of skinny slicks

Does everything I want.

Doesn’t stop me looking and dreaming of other bikes though…

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Incredible how so many folk can find such a simple question ambiguous!

Cotic Solaris.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

at one point last year I had the choice of a fleet,Cube Stereo Race, Rumblefish 2 29er full suss, Niner Air9 29er hard tail and an one inbred single speed. Whichever bike I was on I always wanted to be on whatever bike was in the garage.

So sold the lot, had six months off and came back on a rigid 29er, Genesis Fortitude Race and it’s been the only bike I’ve actually said I’ll keep.

smett72

2007 Focus Northern Light, with plenty of upgrades over the years. In fact, the only parts left of the original bike are the frame, brakes and derailleurs.

klumpy
    Free Member

Got a Kona five-0. I’ve never seen another one on the trails, ever, and never heard anyone else mention one on here so it’s actually the most Niche bike on STW, even though it has a bomber fork, gears, and 26 inch wheels. 🙂

(Thought I was getting seriously unmotivated/unfit until I replaced the entire 4 yr old drivetrain and wheels (races were kaput in the rear), and suddenly I was ok again.)

cheese@4p

Turner 5 spot just about meets all my requirements although it is built up at a burly 34 pounds.
    I would buy a lighter more XC bike if I could justify the £s

marsdenman
    Free Member

Just the one here as well
    2006 Fisher Zigurrat – recently vastly improved by putting Rev RL’s on the front at 120mm + 20mm maxle.

(ok, techically 2 but one remains unridden for >6 years, just sitting in the cellar…)

uwe-r
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain Vertex 70 – Easton hydro alloy tubing model. Spec apart from a shorter stem and wider bar to improve the handling. Ubber light / stiff / strong. 100mm fox forks are perfect for 90% of UK riding. Does everything I need.

My only issue is I am grinding down some expensive parts on the commute – but then if I didn’t commute on it I wouldn’t ride it that often and I would struggle to justify owning such a high end beast – I think this is a common dilemma.

mrblobby
    Free Member

One bike? A curious concept.

kimbers

for about 6 or so years my only bike was a kona bear 4(and later 5) inches each end reasonably hefty 34ish lbs, used for comuting, trail centre weekends, alps trips, a couple of megas, uplift days, general pootling around

brilliant bike

but i now have a dedicated dh bike, an am/xc bike and a commuter
    lifes just better now, but i have the space and the funds these days to make it happen

still have the frame in the loft, needs new bearings and if i gt round to building it up again probably put the old rockers on and take it back to 100mm travel

firestarter
    Free Member

I must add tho my one bike has big tyres, thinner tyres , cx-roadie hybrid tyres and some ice spiker so essentially its so much more than just the one bike 😉

fr0sty
    Free Member

Only 1 MTB – Rigid SS 29er Kona Unit for 95% of my riding including cheeky trails on the commute

I also have a classic Peugeot for locking up in town, and a silly-light carbon road bike for when shit gets real.

Considering selling the carbon though…

firestarter
    Free Member

So three bikes then 😉

andrewhowell
    Free Member

I own a bike 🙂

fr0sty
    Free Member

Only one MTB!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

One bike, one love. Cotic Soul.

firestarter
    Free Member

Oh that looks a frosty response 😉 still that wasn’t the question 🙂

k-sugden
    Free Member

Pace RC405 for me

cfinnimore
    Free Member

This:

One SS Inbred (vertical dropout) with 100mm lockout Recons and many different tyres.

Does whatever I make it do. If it doesn’t agree, I fall off.

racefaceec90

i only have a 2011 charge duster mid (i do have an old mongoose fireball too,but it’s in bits and i’m getting rid of it).

i will be getting a new road bike soon though (hopefully it’ll turn up before christmas 🙂

jruk
    Free Member

I have a Soul. Why would I need anything else?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Nicolai AC. Love it.

2.5yrs of thebest trail bike i have ridden

watsontony
    Free Member

i have 1 kona stinky

noteeth
    Free Member

Yup, a Bontrager Race – been riding it for about a decade. Plus a Brompton for getting around.

deviant
    Free Member

One bike, Saracen Ariel 140mm FS….not ideal for a long rolling sunday ride, sometimes miss a hardtail but i love Gravity Enduros so the FS it is.

tinman66
    Free Member

Ahem I have no place in this conversation……….

Actually I do only have one bike in the house… the rest are in the garage.

chiefgrooveguru

I only have one MTB, a Cotic Soul. I also have a Brompton and a BMX but their wheels are too small to really count as bikes aren’t they?

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Hands up if you only own ONE bike and what is it?’ is closed to new replies.