• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by AdamT.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Handball world champs. Anyone watching?
  • AdamT

Some good games so far. Looking forward to the final on Sunday. My son plays but it’s not at all popular in the uk. Irritatingly I’m driving him to a league game whilst the final is on, so it’ll be catch-up for me.

igm

Once upon a time I played British first division handball.

That sounds a higher standard than it was, and I was rubbish really.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I followed Denmark.
    Ex colleauge coaches a handball team and he always wanted me on his team just so he could put my name on the list of players…Mikkel Hansen…

alpin
    Free Member

GF used to play for Bayern München/Munich back in her teens.

A few of her friends carried on playing for a while.

I never “got” the game. Far too much like basketball from a spectators perspective for me. Loads of goals, short periods of play.

Mostly played by lanky freaks. I’m 5’7″ on a good day.

AdamT

Lol @Mikkel do you have long hair and a headband? It might get you free stuff if you could fake the look. 🤣

My son plays for Guildford and plays with a few GB squad players

Mikkel
    Free Member

Afraid i got short hair.

Last tournament amazon delivery guy was a handball fan and noticed the name and asked my partner when she opened the door “Mikkel Hansen, like the handball player?”

theotherjonv

Adam T, you must be near to me. My kids’ old school have a couple of teachers into the game, consequently have built interest in the game at school, and they were national champs last year.

https://www.christscollege.surrey.sch.uk/297/news-blog/post/361/congratulations-to-our-england-u15-national-handball-champions

AdamT

@theotherjonv yes the club has many members from there. I think the slightly sad thing is they all go off to uni, or other places so despite having an amazing youth squad, the adults are lower on numbers.

Mikkel
    Free Member

I played as a kid but my fingers are so short i cant hold the ball in one hand.
    Never tried playing using resin though not sure if if would make any difference.

onehundredthidiot

Kid in my reg class is playing for Poland in goal and his brother (in my chem class) is too.

I’m not sure if Kasper is U19 or full team

Mikkel
    Free Member

Third worldcup in a row, not bad 🙂

AdamT

Yep, decent game also. My son’s coach is Danish, so Guildford won today and now his national team. (he used to play with the Danish coach back in the day)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.