Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hand held battery powered compressors??
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Saw these in Lidl the other day and they were claiming up to 80psi? You know how some tools just pass you by….this is a completely new development to me. Has anyone bought one?

Could it be the car park tubeless tool?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not be better with one that plugs into the cigarette lighter rather than battery powered?

I tried using a battery powered one to blow up a kayak the other month. No idea where it was bought. It was terrible barely put anything in after half an hour. Ended up using one from someone’s car. Kayak went up in a couple of minutes

jimjam
    Free Member

I don’t know. I suppose, but the battery version makes more sense for faffing round the garage at the bikes.

oldschool

High pressure, but low volume. Same as the 12v plug in type.
    No good for tubeless as you don’t get a wumph of air, just a trickle.

jimjam
    Free Member

Ah, good to know. Thanks oldschool.

ceept

You could pump up an old gas cylinder/fire extinguisher with it, then use that to pop the tyre on. It’ll never give enough air on its own.

jimjam
    Free Member

ceept – Member

You could pump up an old gas cylinder/fire extinguisher with it, then use that to pop the tyre on. It’ll never give enough air on its own.

I actually have one of those. It’s a bit of labour to be honest. I was thinking more something to throw in the car (that wasn’t basically a crappy bomb). My neighbour has a pro spec 200 ltr compressor so I can always seat tyres but I thought this might be a handy/lazy option.

Glad I started the thread.

epicyclo

jimjam – Member
    … I was thinking more something to throw in the car…

I’ve found that a cheap track pump (£5 from Lidl) will outperform the little compressor toys they sell for cars.

BTW I was in a bikeshop the other day and noticed a track pump with a huge auxiliary cylinder (gauge on top). Presumably that’s for tubeless inflations.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hand held battery powered compressors??’ is closed to new replies.