Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hackintosh
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

How tricky is it? Will it be easy enough for someone with a basic understanding of computers?

Cheers

atlaz
    Free Member

It was pretty tricky when I tried it. Might be easier now of course. I ended up buying a mac 😉

iDave
    Free Member

I think it really depends on what you’re hacking

paulosoxo
    Free Member

all 3 of my machines have positive reports about being hackable

IA

If you want it to work well, you need something you can create a working DSDT file for (or download if it’s a laptop).

If you have to ask me what I’m on about, it’s not for you.

What are your machines?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’s not for me then 🙂

I have
    a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P,
    an Acer Revo,
    a Dell mini 9

I belive the mini 9 is an easy(ish) conversion

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Skint?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

How do you mean?

Just bored, off work sick and fancy a project

IA

Mini 9 would be the easiest, but not really worth your while unless you have a good reason to, (or alternatively it doesn’t matter to you if the machine works well or not and you just want a fiddle).

But if you just want to fiddle with tech,I can highly recommend mythTV and a USB tv tuner for the revo (if it’s the ion one like mine).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

what are those then?

IA

Basically makes a very clever PVR device, and more. Google it.

I’d recommend mythbuntu for starters, and my blog for some specific advice http://doitdifferent.wordpress.com – check stuff tagged mythTV, though some of it will not apply to the current versions of SW, should be easier now.

Netdonkey

Mini 9 is the one, pretty easy if you have a decent size usb pen or two and naturally you have a legit copy of snow leopard. try these guys.. http://www.mydellmini.com

p.s. You are still breaking Apples terms and conditions by installing it on a non apple product even if you have a legally bought copy. Bit like using a Microsoft product in North Korea.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hackintosh’ is closed to new replies.