Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GX Transmission, GX cassette and normal chain… will it work?
  • rickmeister

Morning, real world experience if there is any as its potentially an expensive experiment. Seeing a few posts where people have just the Transmission GX mech and everything else is standard SRAM GX… will this work or does it work?

SRAM obviously want to sell T type mech / cassette / flat top chain but is the GX-t mech a cheaper and stronger solution with the UDH bikes, skipping AXS and going straight to the stronger mech.

Real world use experience if there is any would be interesting as opposed to what SRAM blurb suggests….

minus
    Free Member

Yes. I have two wheel sets with different tires. One has transmission cassette, the other standard eagle. I switch chains when swapping them over and both work fine. The t-type cassette shifts better under load (flat out sprinting) but the standard axs cassette still shifts better with the t type mech than a normal one.

Some have had issues with needing spacers on non-t-type cassette to get into the adjustment range but I haven’t needed one.

rickmeister

standard axs cassette

By this do you mean the standard no frills SRAM GX 1230 cassette?

minus
    Free Member

Sorry for the typo, it’s a 1275 but I think that is functionally the same as a 1230.

julians
    Free Member

yeah, as above, it *should* work. you may need a spacer behind the cassette, I didnt though, I managed to just use the micro adjustment on the mech to get it shifting perfectly with a garbaruk microspline cassette.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM