Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GTA mugging
  • convert

I’m probably a really, really bad person but I just can’t help find this slightly funny which I really shouldn’t because someone got properly hurt……

I came home from work and flicked on the radio to catch the tail end of the Radio 4 PM program. Some bloke from the Independent was trying to explain to middle class, middle aged bafoons like me what GTA was. He actually said, word for word:-

You really feel you are inhabiting a real place. That’s something really that video games can do that nothing else can do. They can give you a sense of a living place that’s carrying on about its business with you as a part of it.

I starred at the radio, did I just hear that right? I know this place called the real world where I get that shizzle every day! Then I flick on the laptop and the very first story I click on is:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24127999

There’s something beautifully ironic about a bloke queuing up at midnight to pick his slice of virtual reality and scurrying back home to death, maim, kill for the rest of the night only to get slapped in the face with a the real deal. It took a gazillion programmers and £170 million to create a ‘sense of inhabiting a living place’ and yet a couple of scallies produced an even more real experience with a house brick!

I’m probably going to hell.

pictonroad

You answered your own point. (Although I’m not really sure what your point is..)

People get mugged all the time, he just happened to have the game on him, they also stole his money and watch.

convert

People get mugged all the time, he just happened to have the game on him, they also stole his money and watch.

I never really considered that he might have been mugged for the game…… In my head he’s a larger gentleman of the game playing persuasion that ventured out of the house, interacting with the real world for the first time in a while and getting a more virtual experience than he bargained for.

But as I said, I’m going to hell.

loddrik
    Free Member

Life imitates art shocker.

If he’d just bought Doom he’d have been attacked by a Martian zombie.

Kahurangi

If he’d just bought Doom he’d have been attacked by a Martian zombie demon

FTFY

Drac

It is a case of life mimicking art.

yunki
    Free Member

I was with this until the mention of the imagined gamer as a ‘larger’ gentleman.. In my experience of chronic gamers as a species, I have observed them to be generally more emaciated, and malnourished even than cyclists!

The wild eyed and obsessive self importance though I consider to be on a comparable level..
    Scurvy and rickets were obviously much more prevalent in the sedentary species..

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If the game had been released earlier maybe the muggers would have been at home mugging virtual people instead…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GTA mugging’ is closed to new replies.