Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Grrrr why won't Firefox remember me?
  • jimmy

Nothing to do with last night's upgrade, this has been going on for a while – maybe since upgrading to 3.5. Every time I close down it forgets me. It will still autofill username and password but not keep me logged in for ever and ever amen. Any ideas?

Alphabet

Could it be to do with the private browsing sessions? (tools, options, privacy).

damion
    Free Member

I got the same problem here, but just since the upgrade.

Cleared cookies. Thanks HC

jimmy

i cleared all my cookies, same problem.

Damion – which option have you got in Tools – Options – Privacy: Firefox will; remember history or custom settings ?

EDIT: If I set it to Firefox will remember history, it won't remember that setting and reverts back to custom everytime!

Tom
    Free Member

Make sure you have the option set to "keep cookies until they expire" and not "until I close firefox"

BigJohn

I recently started using MS Defender and it wipes all my recent history on startup. Or is it CCleaner that's doing it? I dunno, but something is.

Still, at least I don't need to worry if the Mrs goes on the laptop.

lowey

Same problem since last night. Cleared cookies, still not working. Kept cookies until they expire, still not working.

Safari is fine thank god.

jimmy

Tom – yep, have that.

Its not just STW, btw, its every site I use.

damion
    Free Member

Jimmy: have you checked the: clear private data when I close firefox? Cause that'll wipe all your cookies too.

jimmy

where's that then? Seen it, now can't find it.

fozzybear
    Free Member

for firefox do the following

go to a STW page with a login at the top.
    on the file,edit bar click the following

"tools"
    "page info"
    click the "security" tab
    Click the "view cookies" button
    remove ALL cookies to do this
    click a item in the list then click "remove cookie" and repeat until all cookies are gone.
    close firefox completely.
    reload firefox and go to STW.. should be ok now.

HTH

damion
    Free Member

jimmy – Member

where's that then? Seen it, now can't find it.

For me its on the privacy tab in preferences but I'm on a Mac so afraid not much use eh?

jimmy

fozzy – done that. logged back in, closed FF, reloaded, it forgot me again.

i'm gonna reinstall FF.

fozzybear
    Free Member

sounds like a corrupt profile jimmy.
    remove FF and delete your profile data (google)

GaryLake
    Free Member

Mine keeps doing this at Home PC FF3 – yet at work, Mac FF3 it's fine. Will try the above guys, cheers!

jimmy

OK, reinstalling FF seems to have worked. Didn't delete any profile, though other than all personal information when prompted by FF.

Thanks for the help.

lowey

for firefox do the following

go to a STW page with a login at the top.
    on the file,edit bar click the following

"tools"
    "page info"
    click the "security" tab
    Click the "view cookies" button
    remove ALL cookies to do this
    click a item in the list then click "remove cookie" and repeat until all cookies are gone.
    close firefox completely.
    reload firefox and go to STW.. should be ok now.

Not made any difference at all.

When I viewed cookies, there wernt any there. It also says that this computer is not storing cookies from STW. Doing my head in this.

fozzybear
    Free Member

not storing cookies 😉 thats the issue

linky below
    http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=it&comments_parentId=215853&forumId=1

quick round up though

A likely cause is the file that stores cookies may be corrupt. To test this close Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp
    Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I've just removed all cookies (FF) and it has worked (shame i had to remove them all though – still, not a bad thing from time to time)

lowey

Sorted. For some reason Firefox was defaulting to blocking the cookies from STW.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Grrrr why won't Firefox remember me?’ is closed to new replies.