Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2 day ride route – ideas wanted please
  • JamesD
    Free Member

Thinking of doing a 2 day ride at end of May, carrying all our kit & am after location & route ideas please – including overnight spots, either wild camping or maybe campsites.

Thinking perhaps Wales, Peaks or maybe Lakes but all ideas welcome.

Ta 🙂

JamesD
    Free Member

<bump>

No ideas at all?!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I could think of a few in Scotland. How rough ground? How many miles? How fit and keen are you?

snaps
    Free Member

Devon coast to coast across Exmoor & Dartmoor?
    South downs way?

JamesD
    Free Member

2 pretty decent days… did 45 miles on the the S Downs the other weekend followed by 30 on the North Downs the next day so happy to do _at least_ that sort of distance

Scotland a bit far really, that Exmoor/Dartmoor thing sounds interesting though…

large418
    Free Member

How about the Trans Cambrian Way – 100miles of Welsh off road. The IMBA site has details of the route.

I am planning a 2 day ride – the TCW in a day then ride/limp back to the car on day 2 – not sure when though.

JamesD
    Free Member

Yeah, TCW def. an option although was originally thinking of it as a 3-dayer, hmmm…

snaps
    Free Member

I think there’s 3 different routes all about 100ish miles but with differing amounts of offroad.
    I just found THIS but I’m sure many others have advise on routes – I think Dibbs off here did Plymouth to Minehead a while back, might be an idea to contact him.

Esme
    Free Member

Mary Towneley Loop of the Pennine Bridleway?
    Mary Towneley Loop

Lots of other good riding in the area (eg Hebden Bridge) if 47 miles is too short

It’s probably not very technical – but you wouldn’t want that with full camping kit, would you?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2 day ride route – ideas wanted please’ is closed to new replies.