Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gravity racing – border bogie challenge
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought this might be of interest to some on here. The border bogie challenge is a lighthearted gravity racing event being organised in town of Denholm in the borders. Basically you get the opportunity to race a gravity powered cartie / soapbox racer down a hill on a country lane (on closed roads!). Looks like a load of fun and I am sure MTB tech could be used to build good racers.
    youtube clip of the course

auldy
    Free Member

No nose-picking jokes then ?

That looks a seriously fast course and I like how the it ends right at the Pub door ! I remember having a few spectacular crashes on Bogies when I was a lad. I built this for my son and his pals out of an old go-kart and bits of wood lying around the garage last summer but I don’t think it is big enough to fit two adults in for this race . . .

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d be mildly concerned that a) that supposedly closed road had a guy with a ladder and wheelbarrow in the way at 1:12 and b) the guy had no helmet….. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t think the road was closed for the trial run. It will be for race day. they have the cooperation of the council to run the race so it will all be legal and above board.

Looks like a grand day out – there will be bands and so on as well.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Does look like a chuckle – I’ll have to see if I have time to knock something up!

soapboxracer
    Free Member

Anyone interested in Border Bogies might also be interested to know that there are several soapbox races held all over the country. There’s a list of the one’s I know about at grampiancarties.org.uk.

TheSanityAssassin

You built an Orange out of an old go-kart and some bits of wood?

Cool.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gravity racing – border bogie challenge’ is closed to new replies.