Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gravel kings and looser than g-ones?
  • onandon
    Free Member

as title really.

g-ones are my fave tyres but they are beyond tight on reynolds ATR rims.

ATR rims are actually 29er rims so built to UST standards which are supposed to be a tad bigger than 700s

anyway. Are gravelkings any bigger / looser on the rim ?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Gravel king sk40 go on my dtswiss xm421 by hand with no levers. Seat straight away.

Bit tighter on wtb i19 rims but still only a single lever flick needed.

onandon
    Free Member

Thanks.

but vs a g-one ?

I need someone who has used both so I don’t have yet another set of tyres which I can’t use.

S-ones also don’t go on, neither do Hutchinson black mambas.

ok, they can be made to go on but they will only just sit in the inner well and no chance of inflating.

tyres have all be previously mounted to other 700c wheels and fitted without issue.

welshfarmer

Can’t help with question but am glad to see I am not the only one who struggles with G-Ones. Had to push my bike home once with a puncture, even though I had a tube with me. Was no way to get the tyre off outside the workshop. Broke 2 composite levers getting them off. And needed 3 metal ones in the end to release and replace. This was on American Classic rims.

the00
    Free Member

Curious, I find fitting a g-one ok,  but needs scary high pressure to seat the bead properly.

onandon
    Free Member

Depends on the rim. They fit three other of my road wheel sets ok, just not the gravel wheels.

DezB
    Free Member

Typed some stuff, shitty forum logged me out, suggested Small Block 8. Post may still appear so can’t be arsed to repeat

onandon
    Free Member

Small block 8 are super slow. But thanks 🙂

drnosh
    Free Member

Here I have gravel kings with Fulcrum rims.

Tight as a knat’s waitcoat. So much so, I can only just remove after working the bead on both sides into the centre of the rim, and then to refit, I have to use my workshop Koolstop Tyre Jack. This means now carrying the tyre jack in the saddle pack.

Ever so slightly annoying.

Also, pun****e proof is very poor. 3 punc in 2 rides.

onandon
    Free Member

Cheers. So anything bigger and as quick as a g-one ?

More road than off

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gravel kings and looser than g-ones?’ is closed to new replies.