Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • gravel / everyday bike frame suggestions
  • Premier Icon ceepers

Slightly out of the loop with bike reviews at the moment so after hive mind advice!!

Looking for a new frame to replace my aging charge filter.

So must be…… Drop bar, disc, steel or aluminium but carbon fork, £600 or under

Its my devon lane commute/ winter road bike / lets see whats down this track / ride with the family / to the pub bike. Must be “gravel/ adventure” pidgeon hole rather than “road plus”

Obvious choice given my fanboydom is the cotic escapade. What other options are there?

Premier Icon miketually

This looks stupidly good value: https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNSLAPEXMECH/planet-x-london-road-sl-apex1

Premier Icon swanny853

Stealth ad, but if it’s the right size and you’re interested in SH I’ve got a Kinesis Pro6 frameset I could do with selling?

Otherwise for that price I’d personally probably look at aluminium if you’re prioritising the road side, mostly for the weight. I also have a mk1 Roadrat and it’s great for commuting and touring but it feels less sprightly than the pro6 did for fun rides. Priorities and all that.

I think the Pinnacle Arkose is something of a default recommendation round here? That or the sonder equivalent.

Premier Icon swanny853

This looks stupidly good value: https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBPXLDNSLAPEXMECH/planet-x-london-road-sl-apex1

It thought that was mad then realised ‘spec differs from picture’. BB5s not hydraulics!

Premier Icon ceepers

what size is the pro 6?

Premier Icon swanny853

54cm and (more importantly?) in green

Premier Icon fudge9202
    Free Member

This was mentioned to a great degree on another thread

VULTURE

Premier Icon ceepers

You’re right, the green is important! Sadly I’m a 51/52 short arse rather than a 53/54cm size! Cheers for the offer though

Premier Icon swanny853

Worth a go! Although actually, thinking, how tall are you? At 5’9″ish I’ve got quite a lot of spare space- a friend of mine is the same height as me and rides a 57 with a short stem. Rides a lot better than I expected so might be worth considering?

Premier Icon ceepers

I’m only 5’6 so it’s probably a bit big. Thanks though!

Premier Icon swanny853

(Not going for the hard sell at all here by the way, just waiting for something to finish up at work i.e. bored, so looking out of curiosity as much as anything)

I’m only 5’6 so it’s probably a bit big

http://images.fatbirds.co.uk/images/Kinesis_Crosslight_Pro_6_geometry.jpg

The original geometry chart puts you just in the bottom of the size range

Premier Icon paule
    Free Member

Massive fan of my shark traverse, £250 for frame, carbon forks, headset and tubeless wheels.

https://www.velochampion.cc/products/shark-traverse

Premier Icon sb88
    Free Member

I picked up an Escapade frameset last week. Generally I’m wedded to more trad looking bikes – steel forks, straight steerers, external headsets, etc, but I’m itching to finish building it up now.

Premier Icon sandwicheater

Specialized Diverge, loads second hand for well under your budget.

I’ve the previous model shame (thing dog taking a dump) and it’s my do everything bike.

Premier Icon honourablegeorge
    Free Member

Wow – that Vulture is now top of my list. And I didn’t even know I had a list.

Premier Icon Bez

Obvious choice given my fanboydom is the cotic escapade.

Isn’t it double your budget? (Unless you’re talking secondhand, I guess?)

The Vulture frustrates me. Looks right up my street, but the largest size is teeny tiny.

Premier Icon ceepers

Sorry, maybe wasn’t clear, i’m only looking for a frame and fork , not a complete bike. Escapade frame is £600

Premier Icon Bez

Ah yes. Now I read it all again it’s perfectly clear, I evidently can’t read 😀

Premier Icon bikemad
    Free Member

I’m selling complete or breaking a titanium gravel bike in medium,it’s a Planet X tempest frame.
    It has all the eyelets for luggage,guards etc I can sell the frame on its own £400 or with a few parts i.e.:headset,mech,seatpost & clamp etc.

The frame can run big tyres nearly 70mm between stays at the top & bottom,unlike website spec says ? I’ve got 650b wheels with 2.1s no issues.
    It has lauf forks but I’m sure you can pick up some rigid new from PX etc
    PM me if you’re interested thanks.

Premier Icon PJay
    Free Member

It’ll stretch your budget slightly (and there’s postage on top) but Singular’s German suppliers still have Kites in stock which I’ve always thought look great.

That said there’s meant to be some new Singular models launching in the Summer so there might be something else that’ll suit.

Premier Icon honourablegeorge
    Free Member

Just bought a Vulture, plus a groupset and bars/stem. I didn’t even know I wanted one until i saw this thread yesterday, dammit.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.