Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Gravel bike tyres – 650b for PX Tempest
  • ojays
    Free Member

Hi

Looking for some recommendations for some tyres for my Tempest mk3.

Have acquired some Hunt 650b wheels and just need some tyres that will do the job – 75% off-road paths, bridleways etc the 25% bits in between on the road. Everywhere is muddy near me all winter so I wanted something that will deal with the mud to a degree, be good on the general off road and be manageable on the road.

WTB Resolute looks like the best bet but I would rather have something closer to 47mm as others suggest the frame will take closer to 50 on a 650b wheel.

Anything out there or should I just go with the Resolute at 42mm? Closest WTB looks like the Sendero but might be a bit too off-road reading the reviews.

Cheers

k1100t
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Conti Terra Trail, but they only do them in 40mm. Have a look at:

https://advntr.cc/category/reviews/tyres/

See there’s anything there that takes your fancy.

Hoff

Following as just bought a Tempest. I’m running 700 X 45 WTB Riddler & there is plenty of clearance with them

I also have the 650 X 42 Resolutes, I’ve had the tyres on the rims (not inflated though) & put them on the bike. There’s loads of clearance for a wider tyre.

ta11pau1

How about the Vittoria Mezcal? they do a 2.1″ 650b, and it has an almost solid centre line for road but decent knobs too.

Vittoria Mezcal Review

trailwagger
    Free Member

Teravail Rutland.

scruff
    Free Member
    ojays
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Think I’m still favouring the Resolute based on the reviews – hopefully they may size up big.

Sendero look good as does the Mezcal but maybe too MTB still.

I’ll keep looking for a few days first so anymore suggestions welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gravel bike tyres – 650b for PX Tempest’ is closed to new replies.