Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gorrick Autumn Equinox Area 51
  • theboyneeds
    Free Member

I’ve booked sat afternoon. Anyone else riding? I’ll be super slow. Struggling with post covid fatigue so I’m going for the occasion rather than taking it seriously.

Looks like the weather will be good!

Kryton57

1:30?  Yep I’m in.  Despite yesterday testing negative my sons been ill and I’ve had something bubbling under the surface so likely will be compromised also.  Cool and sunny, perfect.

masterdabber
    Free Member

Our son is dipping his toes and doing his first race on Sunday…. just the 1.5 hour one. We’d have liked to come over and support him but the Gorrick folks don’t, understandably, want anyone not racing over there.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Looks like it’s going to be nice and dry, but the dust dampened by the rain on Thursday.

I’m really looking forward to it! Good luck everyone.

richP

Raced the first of the 3 hours this morning. Great fun course, nearly all singletrack with a few short punchy climbs. Bone dry and running fast!

Kryton57

Perhaps because of my non COVID coughing virus this week, i found it very hard.  Had an otb too, on the silly downhill after the first set of steep climbs leaving me with a cut and now going purple knee.

Felt crap for most of it with no power in my legs, missed clipping in on the start and considered jacking it in on lap 2 but finished and ended up 9th which I thought was ok in the circumstances.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Great course from Gorrick yesterday – so much racing in such a small area!

Power was good on the hills but my endurance was for sh1t! 🤣

masterdabber
    Free Member

Great course from Gorrick yesterday – so much racing in such a small area!

I never raced yesterday (my son did) but went over to Area 51 today to ride a lap whilst I could still follow to race route before the woodland covered a lot of it over. Although I’ve ridden in there before I’ve never done a race route…. just amazed how much there was (as mrlebowski has said).  Seemed to go on forever.

mccraque

Was a lot of fun. Quite twisty though….felt like I could never go quite as hard as I would have liked – although by lap 6 my singletrack skills had started to improve a little.

weirdly, my bar slipped around in the stem on the first stop on lap 1…so had to stop and thankfully had a multitool on me.

Other than that….well done Gorrick for getting it on!

theboyneeds
    Free Member

It was amazing how they got so much in those woods! I’ve done a few Gorricks over the years and i thought that was quite a brutal course. Not many corners you could keep speed on so there was a lot of pedalling! Lovely and dry though! I did 4 laps and called it a day. I was on course for 6 but I’ve got to be v careful i don’t overdo ot otherwise the covid fatigue kicks my butt the next day!

Looking forward to being well enough to do it justice next year!

mccraque

Covid fatigue is awful. It made me almost narcoleptic for about a month!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gorrick Autumn Equinox Area 51’ is closed to new replies.