Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gore Bike Wear big thumbs up
  • servo
    Free Member

Bought an GBW Tool Jacket from an online shop in late 2010. It was in the sale and a very good price. Wore it all winter then noticed the sealing tape on shoulders coming off. Eventually sent it back to the online retailer late 2011 (2 year guarantee).

Retailer kept fobbing me off saying that they had sent jacket back to GBW but after 4 months (and buying a new Tool Jacket elsewhere) I got fed up and complained to GBW (first time I contacted them).

They responded very quickly said sorry that the retailer should have replaced or refunded me in the first instance and would I like to choose an equivalent jacket from their latest range.

I pushed it a bit and asked if I could have a £220 Alp-X goretex jacket if I paid the extra. Few days later the top of the range jacket arrives from Germany no charge!

Considering my original jacket only cost £82 I am pretty chuffed.

Not good service from online shop.
    Great service from Gore Bike Wear!

mattrgee
    Free Member

That’s awesome. I’m looking towards Gore for my next jacket.

cinnamon_girl

If you want to be dry and warm, you can’t bear Gore. Yes, it’s expensive but it should last a long time if you look after it.

organic355
    Free Member

if you look after it.

I was gonna start a thread about this, but how do i treat/wash my gore jacket?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

great service/result

name and shame “online shop ”

jonostevens
    Free Member

My Gore Windstopper gilet is my favourite bit of bike kit I’ve ever bought. Love it, wear it for 9 months of the year.

3bikeman
    Free Member

I have had a tool jacket for 4 years – brilliant piece of kit – only need a vest under it in the coldest weather – waterproof as well.
    I wash mine in either just water with those eco ball thingys or use the tech wash everyso often and reproof with softshell reproofer.
    Also got one with zip off sleeves [cant remember what its called] ace this time of year and autumn when its too hot for the Tool jacket, as you can zip off the sleeves leaving a windstopper gilet.

cinnamon_girl

Non-bio powder or Waitrose dark liquid wash. Definitely no fabric conditioner. 30 degree wash is good.

I think it’s important not to overwash too.

strackbaz
    Free Member

how do i treat/wash my gore jacket?

Depends on the jacket, I have the Path Paclite & just followed the manufacturers instructions. Wash inside-out, I used nikwax tech wash on a low heat wash, then used the nikwax direct wash in to reproof it, then used an iron on lowest heat to dry the jacket – I used a cloth inbetween the jacket & iron so not to damage the fabric. It’s just like new 😉

excitable1
    Free Member

@ organic355 wash it in Nikwax and every so often spray it with Nikwax TX. Even if you wash it in non-bio soap powder you’ll eventually remove the water proofness and the taped seams will fail. Word of warning though DON’T spray the TX on your jacket over you kitchen floor, we’ve been slipping on our arses for two months now.

@mattrqee You won’t regret it. I’ve stuck with Endura for years and only ever got 1 season out of anything they do these days but changed to GBW cus there were some items on offer this year. Lighter, better quality, more waterproof, windproof, warmer, better fit and long lasting, you can’t go wrong. The GoreTex winter gloves are good too. Really grippy, warm and when they say waterproof they really mean it. Oh and you can get them on and off mid ride unlike the Endura glove I had which meant carrying a pen round with me so I could push the liner back in !!!

boblo
    Free Member

Gore Bike Wear = the bees knees. My preffered supplier for cycling apparel. 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m still wearing my gore bike-wear windstopper jacket 14 years after buying it. Best fitting jacket I’ve ever had.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gore Bike Wear big thumbs up’ is closed to new replies.