Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Goodbye “This Week”. :(
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

Stops in July.

In spite of the lame attempts at comedy one of the best Politics shows on TV IMHO.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47251264

Portillo and Alan J should start a podcast with just them discussing issues of the day, they’re both brilliant.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Nothing whatsoever to do with Carole Cadwalladr’s twitter feed and Andrew Neil’s extensive links to the Brexit/Trump scam, honest.

kimbers

yeah Neil has not covered himself in glory with his spat with carole, & his other right wing chums, his lashings out looking more like attempts to cover something up than impartiality

he could be a great interviewer sometimes, & not always partisan over Brexit

torsoinalake
    Free Member

footflaps

What will Dead Ringers do now…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTIabR6gUMM

edhornby

meh. Middle-aged privileged Westminster blokes pontificating on the same stuff covered in the programme that preceeded it in the schedules… what would be much better as a replacement is a non-London based journo doing a proper investigative piece with expert witness, home and abroad (A bit like From Our Own Correspondent) and no ‘presenters’ no politician response.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

one of the best Politics shows on TV

😂

Phil_H

Andrew Neil

mefty
    Free Member

Ed Balls

scuttler

I’ve never got more than 30 seconds into this programme beyond the bit where he jovially introduces Portillo and that Alan?? geezer via some unfunny refrain. Did I miss much?

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’ve never got more than 30 seconds into this programme beyond the bit where he jovially introduces Portillo and that Alan?? geezer via some unfunny refrain. Did I miss much?

Best to skip that bit. The bits that are really worth watching are Portillo and whoever is on Portillos oppo that week. Politicians who know how things work as in insider but are no longer obliged to toe the party line are a great source of insight IMHO.

scotroutes

Entertainment masquerading as political discussion (see Question Time) and then we wonder how Brexit happened….

binners

I thought it was really good. More in-depth even if Portillo still reminded you that, Rail travelogues aside, he’s still a ****!

I’d watch it every week if they had Owen Jones on. Clearly massive needle between him and Andrew Neil. Absolute car crash viewing

mattyfez

meh. Middle-aged privileged Westminster blokes pontificating on the same stuff covered in the programme that preceeded it in the schedules… what would be much better as a replacement is a non-London based journo doing a proper investigative piece with expert witness, home and abroad (A bit like From Our Own Correspondent) and no ‘presenters’ no politician response.

Like a proper current affairs /magazine program? Don’t be rediculous 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Cor, that Diane Abbott though eh…

hmmm

Who’da thunk that she’s still mates with Jonathan Aitken (Key player in the Al Yamamah deal and Oman Affair (not forgetting his role at BMARC), who headed Le Cercle in the 90s) after all these years…

Worked with Adam Boulton and Kay Burley at TV-am too, before they joined the Murdoch Empire.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

A tired format dying on its arse for years before being rightfully dragged away to the glue factory.

Won’t miss Andrew Neil getting home from filming it and scanning Twitter for sycophantic praise of himself to retweet shortly after it finished. You could set your clock by it.

#WeAreAllBobbyGillespie

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye “This Week”. :(’ is closed to new replies.