Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Good deals on glasses? where?
    Free Member

STW!!

I’m after a new pair of glasses, but need to get an eye test too, i’ve got fairly strong lenses in so need ’em thinning as much as poss!

Does the collective knowledge have any suggestions? I’d like to spend no more than £150/200 at a push.

I’m based in sheffield but dont mind a bit of travel if the service is worth it!

many thanks,
    Jonathan 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

BOGOF at Specsavers.

robbo1234biking

I dont know if specsavers are still doing it but they did hae buy get one free on designer lenses! I got two apirs for about £125 including getting one thinned (the other frame didnt need it as it was quite a chunky frame anyway!) Service was pretty good as well actually for specsavers I thought! I think the eye test is free if you get frames

ski
    Free Member

My robbing optician rushed an eye test, then tried to sell me a set of glasses for £450!

I would rather piss glass than give money to these bunch of scammers.

When I complained that I thought £50 was rich for a pair, I was swiftly shown the door.

And I thought bikes were expensive!

😉

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

What they said, Specsavers has a big range, or at least my local small-town one does. They’ve a couple of nice Quiksilver designs that look tough enough to handle a bit of abuse.
    I was looking today, and most seem to have sales on.
    The (expensive) local independant I used before for my Oakleys have some nice Nike frames half price, thinking about getting those as it makes it more aceptable paying £90 for the frame instead of £180!!

trickydisco
    Free Member

i’m told these people are very good, and much cheaper!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Good deals on glasses? where?’ is closed to new replies.