Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Gone to the dark side – Canon to Nikon
  • Hadge
    Free Member

Always been a Canon man from days of film and my A1’s, F1n’s, T90’s, EOS 1VHS to digital D1s Mk2 and 3’s and lastly a 1Dx but I’ve taken the plunge with Nikon. So far I’ve been very impressed and shall be adding to my kit as time goes on.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Looks more like a frikkin telescope!

footflaps

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wQnQb5]Nikon f2.8 70-200 plus x2 Teleconverter[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

bearnecessities
    Free Member

Compensation much? 🙂

footflaps

To be honest the x2 was pretty rubbish, even though it was supposedly designed for that lens, the result is very soft, only used it once for the Olympic MTB race.

Cougar

You’re dead to me now.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I did the same, but a few years back when the D800E first came out. Never looked back 😉

But in the film days I was Nikon right the way through to the last body when I switched to an EOS3 (the old Nikons were all manual focus battleships – not all fancy dancy auto!).

I have a very old, very battered 70-200 f2.8 too, but tend to use smaller lenses!

justinbieber

Why the switch? Is there no canon equivalent to the d800?

Pyro

Welcome to the dark side. You’ll find we don’t need beige lenses with the letter L on them to make ourselves feel good here. 🙂

(2xD750, 1xD7200, 1xFM)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Why would you do that?

matt_outandabout

Meh. That’s not the dark side. The new Pentax K1 however…..

CHB

Looks like you stepped into the light to me! (9 year Nikon user!).

DrJ

I am a Nikon user but I don’t think the new Canons are worse than the D800/810 – certainly not enough difference to justify the cost of switching!

BFITH
    Free Member

Makes my D3200 look insignificant … However I compensate by having a huge ***** 😀

mrsfry
    Free Member

Youre dead to me 🙁

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I’ve come to the opinion that the Nikon zooms are better than cannon, but you can’t get better than cannon l series primes

Trimix
    Free Member

Is something deep and meaningful about photographers photographing their equipment ?

Or are they just as sad as mountain bikers 🙂

BigJohn

It justifies having more than one camera

footflaps

I always thought Canon bodies were slightly better but their lenses were slightly worse, not that there’s anything in it really…

bob_summers

What’s all this nonsense? I thought this was STW; where are the Leicas?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Gone to the dark side – Canon to Nikon’ is closed to new replies.