• This topic has 65 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Going out with someone with a kid?
  • juan
    Free Member

Sharki many thanks

LOL at druidh I was wondering when someone will come with that 😉 but it’s not her it’s more local 😉
    xxxx

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

sorry, I was quoting:

I didn’t swear, I didn’t use any offensively sexist slang (unlike the very first response on the subject) –

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Juan, I thought you were only 29! 😯

In your 30s you say…how far into them????

druidh
    Free Member

Around 6″ I presume (or should that be 15cm?)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Around 6″ I presume (or should that be 15cm?)

Post of the week. Superb!

juan
    Free Member

ROFLMAO at druidh…

FoxyChick
    Free Member

druidh…that is just plain rude!!!

Or is it my mind?? 😯

8)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Juan is in his very, very, very late 20s!!
    FACTOMUNDO!!

grazedknees
    Free Member

I have 2 kids and dating childless men is not easy.

You cant date her on her own- she comes as a package- so dont expect it to work unless you really like kids(especially hers) and are ready to embrace all family life- good and bad.

On the positive side if there is a Dad around you may get weekends and holidays free to be together.

Good luck!

montylikesbeer

Just spilt with my partner of a couple of years at Christmas.

She has a 15 year old daughter who was a pain in the ass but manageable.

However she also had a drug taking a$$ hole of a 19 year old son who appeared at the house we had together a month after my partner moved in.

3 drug deals down the side of my house, steeling from me, getting sacked from jobs I had got him later it all went off the rails.

My issue was my partner who would not put common agreed behaviour controls around her own kids in which we all had a view of.

When she could not do that it was good night Vienna.

It was not about the kids it was about me and her, all a bit painful and raw but sadly inevitable, has it put me off no, has it made me suspicions yes.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

So Simon, do you actually think I was genuinely offering Juan genuine advice on grooming techniques ????!!!!!!

druidh
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime – Member

So Simon, do you actually think I was genuinely offering Juan genuine advice on grooming techniques ????!!!!!!

He probably recognised them….

aleigh
    Free Member

just be you juan 🙂 the kid/s will think you’re great

and i think most women are able to balance the needs of their kid/s and a relationship quite well

footflaps

I’m 38 and been dating a lot recently and the vast majority of women I’ve met have had no kids, so I don’t agree with the OP’s original premise.

NB Personally I think relationships are hard enough with just two people and wouldn’t consider dating someone with children – but that’s just my opinion.

hora
    Free Member

You cant date her on her own- she comes as a package

Err arent you supposed to work out first if theres a connection, a kinship between two people before laying on ‘heres us’. Its us or nothing’.

You shouldnt introduce children/bloke until you are both sure no? Otherwise the kid will growing thinking ‘how many menfriends did I see in my growing up years coming and going’? 😕

sharki
    Free Member

Good point hora.
    That make s me think i need to cut bcak on my manfriends coming round…;-)

NZCol

Firstly – Stoner – fantastic – made my dull Friday afternoon that one. Class. Had everything, short, timing, 5/5.

As for the question. Well a mate of mine was going at it hammer and tongs and his new gf’s kids came barging into the room. She was, erm, have to be careful here, sort of facing the door and there was some buzzing and stuff going on and quite simply he said it was a truly dreadful experience which he never wishes to repeat as he feared the children would be forever mentally scarred. Although to be fair he said once they had sorted it she wanted to , erm, seal the deal. Anyhooo moving on swiftly…..

Another has inherited two kids and finds it quite hard but has taken the view that ist worth it int he long run.

Personally, i’m not sure what i would do.

Not very helpful but i thought i would post !

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Old enough to have lots of friends in this position/
    Juan – huge subject, so many things to consider – is dad still around, age of kids, etc. Can work, have a female friend who has me a chap both have 2 kids, kids get on all seems well. Another friend is widowed but now primary carer for 2 kids that are not his – he wanted it and seems happy as do the kids.
    Tough subject – but go into any relationship with your eyes wide open.

juan
    Free Member

thanks roger.
    I can’t believe hoora actually made a sensible comment…

juan
    Free Member

I don’t get Stoner stuff… Should I google for it or is it nsfw?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Walk away.

No in fact run away whilst phoning for a cab to meet you at the end of the street.

Can you see my scars.

juan
    Free Member

what on earth is pantsonfire about?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Its lines from a poem by John Cooper Clarke

retro83
    Free Member

my real dad died from leukaemia when I was very young. My mum met my dad when I was 3, after a few years they married and he adopted me.

Obviously it still really hurts that i’ll never know my real father but my adoptive Dad and I get on really well and I’m really pleased that my mum is happy. In fact I think it is their 20th wedding anniversary this year.

Of course I am biased but I just wanted to post that it doesn’t always turn out badly!

juan
    Free Member

retro thanks very much.

hora
    Free Member

retro83 aye. Not everyone is bitter on here!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Going out with someone with a kid?’ is closed to new replies.