Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • God help me – recommendations for a warm, stylish(?), women's dressing gown
  • IHN

Her birthday is coming up and she’s constantly nicking my dressing gown to watch telly in ‘because it’s cold’, as I sit in shorts and a t-shirt, so I thought I could get her one of her own.

She did have a disgusting onesie that I persuaded her to part with because it was, well, gopping and she looked like a chav. So anything that doesn’t give an air of ‘next week on Jeremy Kyle’ would be particularly appreciated.

So, suggestions please…

*keep the pics clean, eh, some of us are at work*

fasthaggis

you can thank me later..

matt_outandabout

Just go full thermo – she will feel the cold anyway.

IHN

Fasthaggis – awesome, but maybe something that’s a bit less of a fire risk?

stwhannah
    fasthaggis

Less fire risk you say?

ads678
    bearnecessities

Just a thought, but she might like nicking your DG ‘cos it’s yours and smells of you etc.

As thoughtful as you’re being, it might not hit the spot 🙂

IHN

Just a thought, but she might like nicking your DG ‘cos it’s yours and smells of you etc.

That is a sweet thought. B*ll*cks, but sweet.

nedrapier

M&S have some thick pile dressing gowns. Long and hooded. Not terribly sexy, but definitely warm. MrsR calls hers the Bear. Winter only!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On a phone so not enough time to do a piss-take post. In general, something from The White Company will go down well with the wimminz.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

MrsR calls hers the Bear

That’s not all she calls The Bear. 🙂

ctk
    Free Member

“Dont poke The Bear” ?

matt_outandabout

Must. Resist.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above department store (Debenhams, John Lewis etc) or White Company. You can get some shorter ones which are a bit more sexy but obviously not as warm.

lunge

Having fallen into the trap, let me offer some ideas. The reason my wife sole mine turned out to be the size. I, as I fear you will, bought a new one that fitted her. Turns out this is wrong, she wants one that’s “big and cuddly”. So by all means buy a new one, but by a mens XL, not a ladies medium.

bearnecessities

A department store. Truly inspirational advice 🙂

IHN

The reason my wife sole mine turned out to be the size. I, as I fear you will, bought a new one that fitted her. Turns out this is wrong, she wants one that’s “big and cuddly”.

This is, I’ll admit, a concern.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So by all means buy a new one, but by a mens XL, not a ladies medium

And accept that, though it’s the “right” size, she will hate you for buying an xl when she’s a “medium at most but would fit in a small” and never wear it.

lunge

And accept that, though it’s the “right” size, she will hate you for buying an xl when she’s a “medium at most but would fit in a small” and never wear it

Go so big that it’s obvious what you’re doing. If she’s a medium and thinks she can squeeze into a small then buying a large is an insult. Buying her a mens XL which is a different ball park altogether should mean you’ll get away with it. Maybe…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Buy two, then choice is afforded – depending on the mood!

jimdubleyou
    Esme
    Free Member

Or to avoid the sizing problem, how about a heated throw? Or cheaper version?

dovebiker

Bear your said? 😉

frankconway

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-mrs-luxury-bath-robes-white/p291001

There you go – but only if she is Mrs given the personalisation.

You’re welcome.

jag61

play it safe,
    combine fasthaggis post 1 with bearnecessities idea ‘cos it smells of you’
    get extra large 2 birds one stone you get to flounce about in something filmy for the weekend, mrs gets stylisg DG that smells of you Win win 😛 😆 pics either way

Yak

Malvern Rider’s 2nd choice – utterly inspired. 🙂

rossburton
    Free Member

Last year Joules did a range of nice warm dressing gowns (my wife is cold blooded so they’re definitely warm).

Drac

eddiebaby
    Free Member

two birds one stone

😯

khani
    Free Member

Whichever you buy get one made of proper towelling material and not that man made crap

matt_outandabout

Yeah, no friction/static sparks with cotton….

perchypanther
    Free Member

2 birds one stone

Hitler’s recently discovered sextape?

IHN

So, thanks for all the replies, I think I’ve now found something.

Top tip – be careful when looking for women’s dressing gowns on eBay. Some of the items now in the ‘Recommended for you’ section are rather, er, eye-popping 😯

matt_outandabout

😆

Just wait until the STW adverts also catch up your browsing history…

sweepy
    Free Member

Just let her have yours, your not cold anyway.
    I’ve never really understood dressing gowns to be honest, whats wrong with clothes?

tomhoward

What do you have?

Get her that one.

Or get one you like and give her yours.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘God help me – recommendations for a warm, stylish(?), women's dressing gown’ is closed to new replies.