Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Global Titanium Cycles
  • ajantom

Anyone got any info about these frames?

Their website seems to be defunct, and can't seem to find owt about them.

Cheers, Tom.

StuE
    Free Member

Give RideOn bikes a call (01706 831101) and ask for Craig he his Global cycles, I know he was having supply problems with the factory in Russia and he might have given up on them as he is also responsible for Empire bikes.

Nico
    Free Member

Global bikes are now Enigma bikes afaik. They have a website because I was looking at it the other day.

ajantom

Ta, I've just bought (oops 🙂 ) one of their softail frames on ebay, for a remarkably cheap price. just fancied a bit more info on 'em. Seems to be nothing on google, no reviews or anything. I found the RideOn site, but they only have the specs and pictures.

GJP
    Free Member

Nico – Member
    Global bikes are now Enigma bikes afaik. They have a website because I was looking at it the other day.

I am pretty sure this is not true. Enigma if anything are the re-incarnation of Omega at least in the sense the the owner/designer of omega Mark Reilly which went bust now works for Jim Walker who set up Enigma.

Gary_C

I used to have a Global TH hardtail.Very nice it was too,titanium with carbon top tube & seat stays.
    As already said,phone Craig at RideOn,top bloke.

he is also responsible for Empire bikes.

He was,but unfortunately is no longer involved with them.

StuE
    Free Member

My Global

Singletrack had a test of the soft tail not too long ago.

terrahawk
    Free Member

YOUR Global 😉

interesting tactic to spend that amount of money on something you know nowt about, but anyway. Enjoy.

ajantom

Didn't realise you were a fellow forumite 🙂 howdy!

I'd checked out the RideOn site, so was sure it was a decent frame, just fancied a bit more info.
    I am the world's worst person for impulse buys, but I've always fancied a Titanium bike – so had to be done!

What's the history on that bike then? Was it a team ride? Looks like a nice set-up there with the USE fork 8)

I'm thinking of a very simple build 1×7 (I have a really nice 7 speed wheel hanging around and some lovely old Suntour XC Pro thumbies!) – might put some Magura forks to match the rear shock. I'll post piccies anyway.

Cheers, T

terrahawk
    Free Member

It's a really nice frame. A bit unusual looking (a german bloke at a race once asked me if it was 'homemade'), but for what I used it for, long distances, 24 hour solo racing, it was spot-on. It's very, very comfortable as long as you set the rear shock up right.
    I'm riding big wheels nowadays so the Global was surplus.
    Glad to hear you've already got some good plans for it. I'll send it to you on Monday.

Here's a better pic

Cheers, Jase.

Aus
    Free Member

ahhh – 'twas my frame that I sold to TH … and once sold, missed so I managed to find another one. Interesting ride, as TH says, it takes a while to get shock set up (and it's def more hardtail than sus) but does make a difference for me on >2hr rides. Neatly made. Slightly different to the norm. I've mine set up as SS and enjoying at the mo.

ajantom

Ah, so it works as an SS? Interesting 🙂 I was wondering if that would work given that the rear set-up pivots from the BB/chainstay joint.

Might try an SS set-up. Wonder how it would feel with rigid carbon forks on the front?

Nico
    Free Member

Oops, yes, I was confusing Global and Omega. All those O's.

Aus
    Free Member

aj – if you do go rigid up front, let me know how it is as I'm tempted to try that too

StuE
    Free Member

Singletrack tested the soft tail in issue 41 April 2008, available in print and to download as PDF from the shop page.

ajantom

Turned up today…..looks lovely! Very light, and nice welding 8)

Terrahawk – Out of interest I don't suppose you ever had the reducers for the headtube so it will take a normal headset? Doesn't matter too much, just means I can use an existing headset rather than buying an integrated jobbie.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Global Titanium Cycles’ is closed to new replies.