Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • home insurance which covers bikes-advice needed please.
  • larry

With all these recent posts of stolen bikes it got me thinking that I am probably not covered very well. I have home and contents insurance with natwest but I don't think the cover is good for bikes. Which company is best? what are the conditions normally eg do they require certain locks etc? I have a couple of decent bikes so would need a fair amount of cover. I keep them in the house but sometimes they get locked up somewhere like outside a shop, bank etc. Cheers in advance for any advice.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have normal house hold insurance and covers any bike up to £1500 at home (not away from the home). Simple really. Loads of people on here mention M&S as godo for specific bike insurance but don't know much about it.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Got home insurance with Lloyds TSB and they do my bike insurance. £13 a month covers all my bikes up to £7500 either home or away as long as they are locked up and if in a car covered with a blanket.
    All the expensive bikes have to be registered with Make, Model, Serial Number etc and they do expect pictures of where they are stored and pictures of the lock if/when you claim so you can't pull a fast one.

stevemorg2

M and S are expensive but you don't have to specify individual items (e.g. bikes) unless they are over £4.5K.

I've had call to use them recently and the service was superb – IMHO well worth the premium

carlos
    Free Member

+1 M and S are expensive but you don't have to specify individual items (e.g. bikes) unless they are over £4.5K.

I've had call to use them recently and the service was superb – IMHO well worth the premium

Dimmadan
    Free Member

How much are they?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Another vote for M&S, go through Quidco and get some cash back also 😉

tragically1969
    Free Member

We just swapped over, you can get a quote online pretty quickly, premium was around £300, was paying that with our mortgage provider, its a bit of a no brainer for the level of cover they provide.

munchiepumps
    Free Member

Try using Nationwide Building Society Home Contenets Insurance, you can specify certain items ie your bikes and they are covered full value anywhere in europe so long as they are locked up.

I have insured 3 bikes with them 2 at 2K and 1 at 3K

larry

I have just sorted it out with M and S, there cover seems really good both at home and away and is a fair bit cheaper than natwest! Feels good to be covered!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘home insurance which covers bikes-advice needed please.’ is closed to new replies.