Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Glentress is fun isn't it? VIDEO content
  • Pook

😀

[video]http://vimeo.com/44392579[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

Yeah- but what about that cafe??? 🙄

😆

seavers
    Free Member

ahhhhh nice. helmet mounted cam next time maybe….felt a bit sick trying to keep up with that but 10/10 for fun. Can’t wait to head up there in a few weeks.

eyerideit
    Free Member

What’s the soundtrack?

Pook

herbaliser – shattered soul

Shakey cam was an experiment. It needs work, but for a kodak zx3 hastily zip tied to a back pack strap at the top of Spooky Wood it’s kind of ok. You should see my earlier ‘work’ for crap action shots….

seavers
    Free Member

Apologies…I didn’t mean to be harsh on the vid quality, from what I have seen helmet mounted stuff seems to work the best as the head/neck is an awesome steady cam!

Pook

yeah you’re right. This was “tom slowrider cam” – he’s not as smooth as he thinks

;o)

To be totally honest I much prefer totally solid base stuff – proper shots from trail sides. Still, the kidz these days will insist on playing….

billysugger
    Free Member

Nice.

Good tune.

Yeah you need to sort that wobbly business out felt like I was going to crash. Good riding

Pook

Tom did crash.

:o)

bwaarp
    Free Member

Meh, what grade trail is that? Only been to Inners. Trails are to smooth these days. Me want’s lots of rock gardens, roots, off camber roots, big **** off braking bumps etc etc. Gravel is like riding tarmac.

Northwind

The super smooth stuff is blue, mostly, or newly refurbed red waiting to break back in.

grum
    Free Member

Nice, despite apparently being too commercial for some on STW I always have a great laugh up there, can’t wait to go back.

Meh, what grade trail is that? Only been to Inners. Trails are to smooth these days. Me want’s lots of rock gardens, roots, off camber roots, big **** off braking bumps etc etc. Gravel is like riding tarmac.

Wow, you must be so AWESOME. :swoon:

Pook

Yeah the super smooth stuff was the blue. Towards the bottom of the red coming back to the cafe it got very off camber rooty, and there were some cheeky rock gardens dotted about.

We just rode the smooth stuff faster to make it challenging. And it was a nice change from the very rocky Peak District

😀

Me want’s lots of rock gardens, roots, off camber roots, big **** off braking bumps etc etc

“an ting”

hora
    Free Member

bwaarp we already have all of that locally to us.

Pook

and have been out riding it tonight. Though I took a dab on Cavedale.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’m just off up there this summer instead of the Alps as I’m skint, so there’s some techier stuff there? If so I’ll add it to my plan.

I wanted to do the Kielder red/black run, Inners, Glentress and Fort Bill all in one go.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve only been to Kielder once but there was nothing about it I could recommend.

bwaarp
    Free Member

The black run looked ok. Gahhh, do not tempt me to splurge my money on an Alps trip! :mrgreen:

Pook

Bwaarp – loads of techy stuff. Lots of the red had lovely tech sections, and there’s black runs too.

Seriously though, don’t discount the blue – Berm Baby Berm is fantastic, grin inducing stuff.

bwaarp
    Free Member

No I do love it, but I suddenly got a depressing feeling that was all it was going to be! 😥 :mrgreen:

grum
    Free Member

bwaarp – if you want techy stuff you’re probably best off not going to trail centres in general (with a few exceptions). Fort William DH is ace though (the red and the WC track).

spacemonkey

Nice, chilled vid.

Haven’t been there since Dec 2003. Had a cracking time. Must go back soon.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Was there a couple of weeks back with the family. Ace work!

bwaarp
    Free Member

Yeah, we’re stopping off in the peaks and lakes on the way as well, for natural stuff. Culminating in a last couple of days at Fort Bill.

I just want to go on a biking binge, so the trail centres are great for getting short, sharp fun.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bwaarp. If you have never been to glentress you won’t be disappointed. Its a fantastic facility with a bit of everything for everybody

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guyHeXFVndA[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBDwcfj_9f4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL68C4A4493E21031E[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u2Va-BjDlY[/video]

Northwind

druidh – Member

I’ve only been to Kielder once but there was nothing about it I could recommend.

Did you do the Deadwater trails? I really like those… Good climbs, mostly good descents. Black graded climb in fact! It does have that disasterously awful descent off the hilltop though, so we don’t do that, we just do laps of the rest of the red and black.

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Bwaarp…if you’re coming this way and you’re looking for techy stuff give the black run at Laggan a go.

grum
    Free Member

I seem to remember the black descent at Kielder being really good fun when I did the Gravity Enduro there. Couple of other good bits too but the radio mast descent is just bizarre.

I really like Laggan overall but wasn’t that into the black TBH – maybe if I did it again I might go a bit faster but I just found it not that flowy – steep ups as well as downs in quick succession meant lots of track stands and fiddling around.

Dunno if I was just in DH mode after a day at Fort William but I wanted it to be more downhill. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

roadie_in_denial – Member

Bwaarp…if you’re coming this way and you’re looking for techy stuff give the black run at Laggan a go.

seconded

hora
    Free Member

Qualit-tay skiprat had me 😆 at 2.03 😆

Pook

rad skillz

GW
    Free Member

Bwaarp – loads of techy stuff. Lots of the red had lovely tech section

😕 eh? I really enjoy GT red but there’s nothing technical on it at all..

Trails are to smooth these days.

smooth can be fun too, there’s nothing technical about Scalextric but it’s fun! BTW, Do you ride a hardtail or mincetank?

Me want’s lots of rock gardens, roots, off camber roots, big **** off braking bumps etc etc. Gravel is like riding tarmac.

Go to Glencoe for your rockgarden fix, Dunkeld for rocks and roots and Innerleithen for steepness, loam and natural feeling singletrack with plenty roots and rocks (not the trailcentre XC route tho)
    Laggan black is nice but the rocky bit is very short and a lot of the smooth stuff (red?) just isn’t very good (poorly designed corners and jumps etc.)

Pook

gw – hardtail. What’s your point caller? edit: just realised you weren’t asking me.

Rock steps are technical are they not?

GW
    Free Member

No.

neither is the kerb on the way to your local shop

hora
    Free Member

Jesus, sweet child of Nazareth.

Pook

I just wrote an excellent, reasoned and thought inspiring response to this, but my browser crashed and I lost it.

The appropriate response to it would have been be “hmm, fair enough” though.

GW
    Free Member

peadoblasphemia? 😯

a new low for hora?

Pook

hora appears in the video doing an impression of a moose. Can you find him?

GW
    Free Member

No. and I’m certainly not watching that pile of shite again 😉

Pook

screw you bitch.

go and rad gnarr some pebbles to the power of sick

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Glentress is fun isn't it? VIDEO content’ is closed to new replies.