Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gisburn Forest route
  • withersea
    Free Member

Hi, thinking of popping over to Gisburn during the week as I have a few days off and fancy a change of scene. Does anyone know if the diversion that was in place earlier in the year (that had turned into a swimming pool) is still in place?

Cheers

steel4real
    Free Member

My sat nav calls it ‘Jizzburn’.

It’s right, not worth travelling to.

twistedpencil

I think the trails have opened up again going off a few Instagram videos I’ve seen, but ive not been up since just before lockdown and ive got into the habit of avoiding the diversion by heading up to the DH lines and making my way down them instead, trail to the left is fine for riding down as there are alternatives to the drops (the drops run fine however if you are happy with them).

I really like Gisburn, I don’t understand the dislike for the place, they have put in loads of effort into the trails over the years.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Can you be more specific about which diversion you mean. I was there last week with the kids and it was great, as always.

There were some diversions still in place, but not sure if they are the same ones you mention. (Cos I’m not a mind reader)

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I went last weekend and didn’t see any diversion. There was new-to-me trails where the trees had been felled after the Hully Gully section. I suspect this was the diversion but they seemed to have made it in to a permanent trail now.

BenjiM

It’s right, not worth travelling to.

Why not?

chrisdb
    Free Member

Did the blue last week with the kids and there was a bit closed at the end, 25 turns or something.

Does anyone know when the new bit of blue after the climb will be open? The loss of height via fire road makes me cringe 😀

Really enjoy a trip to Gisburn to be fair but it is a bit of a trek.

martinhutch

Gisburn Forest FB said that the ‘Bottoms’ section had reopened – the bit just before you rejoin the fireroad you ride twice on the ‘8’. I’m guessing this is the bit you mean.

https://upload.latest.facebook.com/gisburnforestbiketrails/posts/2748084275277580

withersea
    Free Member

Top marks to martinhutch for mind reading, that was the part I was thinking about. I didn’t know about the facebook update site as well, so I’ll use that in the future.

Gisburn is a great trail to visit once in a while, it has a bit of everything and has improved through the years.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn Forest route’ is closed to new replies.