Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Giro Cylinder shoe sizing
  • tbra
    Free Member

I recently purchased a pair of Giro Cylinder shoes online (LBS don’t stock them and they were a good price on CRC). I purchased them in size 48 for a few reasons – the Shimano M089 shoes I had previously were size 48 and fit well, online research indicated that Shimano and Giro fit about the same, and the size chart recommended to size up as they ran small (I measured as a size 47).

The shoes initially seemed comfortable, but the toe box is very roomy, and there is about 10mm between my toe and the end of the shoe. I can wiggle my toes freely without touching the edges. Additionally, I have to do the BOA dial up quite a bit on as I have narrow feet. Conversely, the Shimanos are quite tight in the toe box and going back to them makes me think they may even be slightly too small.

Can anyone comment on the sizing of Giro Cylinder shoes? Is it normal to have a roomy toe box like this? I’m tempted to buy size 47s to try them, but I don’t want to be left with the size 48s that I can’t return (as I’ve already used them) should they fit.

Cheers!

dustypumpkins

The Cylinder does have a roomier toe box compared to the Terraduro (I currently have both) and previously owned Shimano shoes but I actually quite like it. I also do up the BOA a fair bit but wouldn’t do a size down.

I can’t say I’d buy another pair of the Cylinders though. The sole unit deteriorated after just a few months and the uppers started wearing through after around 6 months. I will add that I ride my bike for a living most days of the year so I do go through shoes quicker than usual.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have both the Cylinder and the Terraduro and I’ve not really noticed any difference in the toe box size.

I’d say try an additional (second) insole first. That’s what I do on all my shoes, so that I don’t have to crank up the ratchet/BOA so tight to get them snug.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Giro Cylinder shoe sizing’ is closed to new replies.