Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 317 total)
  • Girlfriend Advice
  • cranberry
    Free Member

“why did you take her to a nicer restaurant than you took me etc”

adjustablewench
    Free Member

We all know what I mean, they don’t see you as a real-male, a sort of female friend who they know they can’t see any sort of maleness in you. A sort on Eunuch male.

eh? No totally disagree!

Cougar

they don’t see you as a real-male, a sort of female friend who they know they can’t see any sort of maleness in you. A sort on Eunuch male.

Jealousy doesn’t become you, Hora.

(-:

hora
    Free Member

No totally disagree!

So a part of you fancies your male friends? 😉

weeksy

and the rest want to shag her 🙂

hooli

I just read all 5 pages of this, some responses are brilliant. 😆

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I dont have to fancy someone to view them as masculine?!

I dint think they do weeksy!

hora
    Free Member

I know I’m not alone but there are a few tiers to male/female innocent friendships in adults:

1. Man and woman have had a thing together and it just didn’t work out- managed to get over it and are now friends.

2. Man and woman are friends – one is gay

3. Man and woman are friends – Man would if only she would/ask

4. Man and woman are friends – Its just a matter of time. Just get it done.

I’m firmly a ‘3’. 8)

binners

*stares longingly at Hora*

if only he’d ask……

hora
    Free Member

Cougar

Christ, yesterday it was Miketually and Junkyard, today it’s Binners and Hora. This is going to take a catering pack of mindbleach and some industrial grade wire wool.

Junkyard
    Free Member

AH excellent it has finally been Horaed

Sage words as always on relationship issues

Most adult men have adult friendships with women without wanting to bump bits

That means half of STW wont 😉

woody2000

Binners – hora’s waiting for you up on the mountain 🙂

JoeBones
    Free Member

So far the run for your life advice seems the most sensible

Cougar

As a wise man once said, there are many fine women in this world, but not all of them bring you lasagne to work.

binners

woody2000

General fact of life:

Single, fit, mentally stable – pick any 2 from 3

That’s blokes too BTW 🙂

OP – only you can decide if she’s worth it or not; personally I think it sounds like hard work and life’s too short to have to deal with that sh*t.

DezB
    Free Member

Late to the party, but all I can think is – if she is this nuts at 39, what the hell will she be like at 49??

Get rid. Distance relationships are crap anyway.

bigblackshed

However you list “friendships” Hora, it all boils down to one person in the scenario wants to ride the other. If only they would let me / were not gay / enough alcohol / opportunity.

Billy Crystal nailed that one to the mast in that seminal 80s chick flick. When Harry Smashed Sally.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

emsz
    Free Member

I love threads like this, such an insight in boys heads 😆

DaRC_L

I love threads like this, such an insight in boys heads

Sheez… I hope not!

BTW the Lynx effect – every morning my son’s bedroom door opens and a fug wafts down the stairs to choke the rest of the family. It’s like a Victorian London PeaSouper.

Pigface
    Free Member

Binners and Hora sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g 😆

Some great comments on this thread.

There is precious little in boys heads Emsz dont waste your time trying to figure it out.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Distance relationships are crap anyway.

Distance relationships are great. The travel can be a bit of a drag but usually get to live the single life during the week, then have a relationship at the weekends. Is that not almost the best of both worlds?

zbonty

From the two word title i just knew how this thread would run 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

such an insight in boys heads

This (combined with the irresistible smell of Lynx or Adidas spray) is all there is to know:

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I love threads like this, such an insight in boys heads

For me too, and i’m a fella.

portlyone

I know how to solve the OP’s problem, I’ll post the solution here once I’ve thrown out all my Lynx stuff

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtObrnaovrI[/video]

cookeaa

Six pages eh?
    Most of which makes me glad I’m happily married, and also dread the idea of being single again….

From my limited, and now quite distant experience women let you know when they are ready to cohabit; the sign is simple, they will liberally scatter copies of Closer and Heat all over your home… Don’t go moving any of your shit into her place first, especially after a couple of months, she is (was?) still getting a feel for what sort of bloke you really are… (I reckon you’re probably failing some of the tests BTW)…

17 months separated? She’s not a bunny boiler or crazy. Just like anyone not long out of a failed long-term relationship she’s probably still quite keen on having her own space and simply doesn’t want it “invading” again by some lynx drenched lothario…

I reckon you’re both on “different pages” from the sounds of it, doubt it will last even if you get past this relatively minor blip…

hora
    Free Member

Aren’t you both supposed to merge, things just happen without prompting (or much prompting) if you are both meant to be? If its stilted/faux-pas, etc etc then someone isn’t ready and/or you aint right.

Oh and nail the pleutonic-friend. Be it on the table over dinner or snapchat. Accidently send her a pic of your schlong. The rest will be history (or you will be).

binners- bagsy I’m the plug, your the socket.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The more I read Hora’s comments the more this image cements itself in my head.

hora
    Free Member

You ol-bugger. Abit before my time that.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I have female friends, because I’m not desperate and don’t feel the need to bang everything that moves.

gatsby
    Free Member

Distance relationships are great. The travel can be a bit of a drag but usually get to live the single life during the week, then have a relationship at the weekends. Is that not almost the best of both worlds?

Sounds hideous to me, I think you’ve got it the wrong way round! 😀

G

hora
    Free Member

don’t feel the need to bang everything that moves.

No one grows up, the only thing that changes is how stress and pressure of life affects us cumulatively over the years.

binners

I’m more of a stone than a sponge dear boy

hora
    Free Member

😆

I’ll also add, in general we should hump everything that moves- after all, you only stop moving when your Dead.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

No one grows up, the only thing that changes is how stress and pressure of life affects us cumulatively over the years.

Nahhh, it’s just all a bit blasé. 😈

In fact, before I had a missus, the more disinterested I seemed the better I did.

hora
    Free Member

OP you are past the first stage and into the possible ‘could go longterm’ phase. I’d knock the dinner with female friends on the head for a month or so- she how your relationship goes. The fact that you stay over at each others is the ‘feeling round the nest’ stage. Shes semi-comfortable but maybe her divorce/experience has left her wary of men?

Chill, focus on her. Listen to her. There are some great women out there who have been left by loser-men whose self-esteem etc has taken a knock.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 317 total)

The topic ‘Girlfriend Advice’ is closed to new replies.