Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 317 total)
  • Girlfriend Advice
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I remember a thread recently about who pays on a first date and I wondered if women were (in general) equally confused about it all. So consulted the Oracle – Consensus is 50/50

Yeah that’s what they say, but you know what they say about what women say…

Wonder if Hora fancies doing some more ‘research’ over at the Darkest side? We need to know about Lynx, why are women lying liars, and accepted toothbrush protocol on new relationships?

BoardinBob

I love the way women get all uppity about “equal rights” and “knuckle draggers”….

However when you take them out for dinner… you’re getting your wallet out…

Or when you don’t hold the door open for them, give them your coat when it’s raining… or asking them to pick up heavy items from the shop.

Yeah, womens equality…. would be great if they REALLY wanted it… just not the bits that suit them.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    I’m well aware of this. I also know that she’s about as likely to have an affair as she is to spontaneously turn into a penguin.

Sounds like a challenge!

*breaks out the Sex Panther Lynx, and gold medallion/chest wig combo set.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I dunno, ‘back in the day’ when I was free and single I never had a problem paying for meals, it wasn’t about paying for their meal, I just hate that awquard time in a restaurant between the plates being cleared, drinks finished, then the bill arrives, then there’s a wait for the card machine. If it’s busy (or sometimes it’s worse when it’s not and they don’t need the table) it’s anything upto an hour!). If the date’s gone well you just want to pay up and head to a bar. Or maybe I’m just impatient and like dark corners of pubs and drink.

It only gets annoying if they never pay for anything, I’d be irked if they didn’t pay for drinks, cinema or whatever else afterwards in return.

hora
    Free Member

Anyone ever had sex with a Penguin? The way the OP is going that’ll be his next sexploit.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Apparently nearly half of women in relationships have a back-up bloke – a man waiting in the wings in case things don’t work out with you.
    A whopping 43 per cent of women have a Mr Plan B, according to a survey of 2,000.
    Unsurprisingly, the most likely candidate is an ‘old friend’ – yes, it’s that guy who is ‘just like a brother’ to her.
    Others might be ex-boyfriends or ex-husbands, colleagues or someone they have met at the gym.
    Back-up bloke is typically someone she’s known for about seven years and there’s a one in three chance you’ve met him already.

There’s some truth in this in my experience. There’s always that one guy orbiting around who you just know desperately wants to bang her. Of course you can’t say this. You must ignore the elephant in the room and respect her platonic friendship, which is fine, all in the game etc… but whenever you have an argument, she’ll always end up round at his (I don’t think anything’s going on, just that he’s the only one that would drop everything/drive 200 miles to pick her up etc, and maybe… just maybe, a little part of her might think it’ll wind you up). When you suggest that she might at least give the poor besotted backed-up fool a handjob, you’re suddenly the villain again…

martinhutch

Anyone ever had sex with a Penguin?

What kind of penguin?

cookeaa

I sort of agree with Hora here (Gulp)…

You can’t be utterly certain of your loved ones behaviour, however the more you know them the better you get at being able to understand/predict and hopefully trust them…

If My missus had texted me two months into our relationship to tell me she was out at a nice restaurant with another fella, I’d have taken that as an indicator that we were on shaky ground…

There’s some truth in this in my experience. There’s always that one guy orbiting around who you just know desperately wants to bang her. Of course you can’t say this. You must ignore the elephant in the room and respect her platonic friendship, which is fine, all in the game etc… but whenever you have an argument, she’ll always end up round at his (I don’t think anything’s going on, just that he’s the only one that would drop everything/drive 200 miles to pick her up etc, and maybe… just maybe, a little part of her might think it’ll wind you up). When you suggest that she might at least give the poor besotted backed-up fool a handjob, you’re suddenly the villain again…

I did have one Ex, who started spending lots of time with a platonic male friend to try and get me jealous and crash the relationship, after about a year, I didn’t bite and she ended up having to be honest and just say she’d had enough, which was fair enough…

It’s a tactic either gender can use; you break no spoken or implied promise to be faithful to the other party, but sail as close as you can to that boundary in order to make the other party seem controlling/jealous/unreasonable, cause an argument or two and then end it because they’re a bit mental… The OP knew this when he took his platonic female friend out for a curry and a whine about his current GF…

Just crack on and put the poor girl out of her misery, do it via text if you like:

hora
    Free Member

Ha! Thats reminded me- my ex had a bloke who was always round her as a friend. It annoyed me and so with that (and I met mrshora)- I dumped her flat. She chased me down the street, jumped on my back asking me not to end it (infront of EVERYONE) – then the next week she was cuddling him in the nightclub at the top of the stairs with the intention of being noticed 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Apparently nearly half of women in relationships have a back-up bloke – a man waiting in the wings in case things don’t work out with you.

I really don’t get this…

I’ve been in a relationship with MrsPJM for seven years but I’ve always maintained a number of platonic friendships with women, TBH I’ve always had female mates, even when I was a single bloke.

In my single days, once I’d socialized with a lass for a finite length of time (usually weeks) and nothing happened then they’d move into the friend zone. At this point, the thought of sleeping with them simply becomes a tad weird. Of course, I have had plenty dalliances with women who ended up long term mates but very, very few dalliances with women who were friends first and then ended up being something more.

I’d hate to think that I had ever been someone’s back up bloke…I think I’d be very disappointed if I learned that this was ever the case 🙁

cookeaa

I’ve been in a relationship with MrsPJM for seven years but I’ve always maintained a number of platonic friendships with women, even when I was a single bloke.

You’re probably several Women’s “Plan B” then, they probably all reckon they could supplant MrsPJM…

The best way to put them off will be to get a prominent tattoo of your missus face, preferably looking stern, or just a bit sad at having been betrayed by those close to her…

vickypea
    Free Member

To answer the question on page 7- I don’t have a “back-up bloke”. I have quite a few bloke friends because I go mountain biking with them, but I have no plan B!

DenDennis
    Free Member

thanks for your honesty VP- you must be one of the purported ‘57%’…

the plan-B is definitely a real thing, and I’ve known female friends to openly discuss who there’s is and so on.

as a bloke I’d personally find this attitude offensive and not what (we’re told) ‘real love’ is supposed to be all about and all that sh1t.

any other female forumites care to add their views/experiences?

NZCol

Most mens Plan B = anyone breathing.

DenDennis
    Free Member

NZCol – Member

perhaps but there’s not the element of specifics.

And

You’re probably several Women’s “Plan B” then, they probably all reckon they could supplant MrsPJM…

I dont think it works like that, the plan-B bloke definitely wants to be it (or rather plan-A)!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Vicky I am not sure how best to tell you so i will just blurt it out……I think it might be Hora

the internet has no access to the actual data nor methodology of said survey – lots of variation of number and location though. I am going with Bollocks so far in that figure – if it were true no one would ever be single would they.

hora
    Free Member

Is there a backup to the backup bloke?

A sort of uber-Weasel

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not sure how best to tell you so i will just blurt it out……I think it might be Hora

vickypea
    Free Member

DenDennis- I haven’t ever heard any of my female friends say they have a back-up bloke, so maybe it’s rarer than you think?

hora
    Free Member

Ok. Do we get backup-birds?

Ah. They are called the mistress/bit on the side? Well you have to be practical/keep her well-oiled?

vickypea
    Free Member

Junkyard- I’ve never (knowingly) met Hora 😆

hora
    Free Member

You wouldnt notice much tbh. Just another average Anglo-Saxon looking male in generic cycle-kit 8)

vickypea
    Free Member

Everyone looks the same in cycling kit! Four of us went to the Alps this summer and we all wore black shorts and red jackets, so we’re indistinguishable on the holiday photos, ha ha!

Cougar

Fussy bastards.

vickypea
    Free Member

If anyone breathing is most men’s Plan B, I hope they’re a bit more discerning for Plan A!

Cougar

If anyone breathing is most men’s Plan B, I hope they’re a bit more discerning for Plan A!

They are, Plan A is “women.”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Everyone looks the same in cycling kit!

Its why you need to make sure your helmets are distinctive

willard

You know, this thread has made me go from absolutely dreading my impending divorce, to thinking that I should stay with my wife just to avoid having to deal with being single again.

I wonder if the Benedictine monks are recruiting…

Cougar

Careful you don’t slip into any dodgy habits.

hora
    Free Member

Willard – speed dating apparently is fun

emsz
    Free Member

I have never met anyone with a Plan B!!

Cougar

Would they tell you if they had?

emsz
    Free Member

dunno, maybe? probably.

we’d know. I have spies everywhere

curiousyellow
    Free Member

The Plan B thing is true.

An old flatmate had a guy who was “the one that got away” on her phone just in case things didn’t work out with her current boyfriend. She split up with her fella shortly after they moved in together because she couldn’t hack it.

Another one took it too far. She was seeing a bloke in the army she was madly in love with. He cut off all communication without warning. She started going out with her back up bloke and married him. A few years later the marriage fell apart and she rebounded onto a male friend from work. Her fella knew what was coming because she constantly kept talking about him and insisting they were just mates. She’s now married to the bloke from work.

willard

Hora, I appreciate the suggestion, but I think I will be avoiding any type of relationship for a good long while after this one finishes.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Isnt it enough to have someone to bang with at any given time? Maybe cook and do laundry for you occasionally? And freedom to ride your bike without guilt that there is someone waiting for you at her/your house.. Keep it tidy mate, her own place and your own place leave it at that.. Get a cat or dog if you fancy company. 🙂 (late response)

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I love the way women get all uppity about “equal rights” and “knuckle draggers”….

However when you take them out for dinner… you’re getting your wallet out…

Or when you don’t hold the door open for them, give them your coat when it’s raining… or asking them to pick up heavy items from the shop.

Yeah, womens equality…. would be great if they REALLY wanted it… just not the bits that suit them.

They make you pay because they find you unattractive, in the same way that I’d make 200lb birds pay me.

I bet you take propecia and drive a BMW.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

They make you pay because they find you unattractive, in the same way that I’d make 200lb birds pay me.

I bet you take propecia and drive a BM

I like the way you segue between ‘mysogony/banter is bad’ and ‘I hate fat chicks and men’.

Are you one of Horas plan B eunuchs?

JoeBones
    Free Member

Such a good thread, any more advice for me?

piemonster

I don’t even have a plan. She’s just sort of there.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 317 total)

The topic ‘Girlfriend Advice’ is closed to new replies.