Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,636 total)
  • Gigs.
  • StuF

Next week I’ve got Katherine Priddy, who will be great if she’s anything as good as her performance on Riley & Coe last night

I’ve also got Lime Garden for a bit of indie pop.

Then a week or 2 later Yard Act twice (in store and Rock City)

freeagent
    Free Member

Off to see Noah Kahan at Wembley Arena tonight – I like his stuff, but I’m primarily going to take my teenage daughters who absolutely love him.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“I’ve got tickets to see Happy Mondays at the end of March”

I thought about going to see them but I think I’ve seen them enough to not pay £45 to see them again.

I’m off to Stowaway Festival in August to see Maribou State who I am excited about.  Leftfield are also on but I’ve seen them a few times before including twice last year so not quite so excited by them.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The Hives (another bucket list band getting ticked off) and The Bluetones acoustic (saw them last year in York and they were superb in such a small venue) coming up in the next month or so. Echobelly tickets on sale tomorrow morning as well for some May dates – another bucket list band as never got to see them at their height…

Was kind of half tempted to try and get ACDC tickets but with half a “real” crew, the nearest one being at Wembley (which I hate as a venue), the cost of the tickets, hotel and getting there and back, I decided to give it a miss. Saw them at Hampden Park about 10 years ago and they were absolutely mega, the way I want to remember them.

johndoh
    Free Member

I thought about going to see them but I think I’ve seen them enough to not pay £45 to see them again.

I’ve never seen them (perhaps at festivals when half-interested but I am not sure) so I thought I’d give ’em a try.

Was kind of half tempted to try and get ACDC tickets but with half a “real” crew, the nearest one being at Wembley (which I hate as a venue), the cost of the tickets, hotel and getting there and back, I decided to give it a miss. Saw them at Hampden Park about 10 years ago and they were absolutely mega, the way I want to remember them.

Totally agree – tickets will be silly money too. I have seen them several times over the years (the first being the ‘For Those About to Rock’ tour back in 1982) so certainly wouldn’t go through the pain of traipsing all the way down there.

IdleJon

Three local gigs in the next 10 days –

Ginger from The Wildhearts doing a solo, acoustic thing. I know very little of their/his stuff but like what I’ve listened to.

Big Country, next Friday. I saw them first in 1985 and have seen them a few times since. They’ve always been good. This is the 40th anniversary of the Steeltown album, which was what they were touring when I first saw them, I think.

Fairport Convention the day after Big Country. I haven’t seen them for about 10-12 years. They’ve always been an excellent live band, but are, what’s the word,  old? boring? safe? Yes, a safe pair of hands! 😀

desperatebicycle

Bought myself a cheap ticket to a Gossip outstore gig in Kingston next month. Their newer stuff hasn’t been very interesting, but to hear Beth Ditto’s voice live has gotta be worth it.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“I’ve never seen them (perhaps at festivals when half-interested but I am not sure) so I thought I’d give ’em a try.”

I hope they are on form for you, you’ll have a great time if they are.

johndoh
    Free Member

I hope they are on form for you, you’ll have a great time if they are.

Even if they aren’t, it’s at a nice little venue with a bar and I am going with my brothers so I’ll have a great time one way or the other 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Went to see 1991 the other week (dnb)

Last weekend I was at a reggae festival with some great live acts.

Going to see the Streets soon, and Chase and Status not long after that.

Also doing a week of Blazing Swan. Perths answer to Burning Man.

Still ‘avin it at nearly 50.

theotherjonv

I can’t go because of another commitment already, but one of the bands mentioned above (Flat Party) are doing a new bands showcase in London next week.

Ticketed but free, but also first come first served so not sure quite how that works. If anyone fancies trying a couple of up and coming bands and putting a bit of money over the bar of an independent venue, link’s in the post.

the-muffin-man

I’ve just stopped looking at arena/stadium gigs now. Even the cheapest tickets are more than I’m prepared to pay for 1.5hrs of entertainment.

I read that Adele’s Munich tickets start at £200.00!

IdleJon

I read that Adele’s Munich tickets start at £200.00!

I remember going to Wembley for Fleetwood Mac, Hall and Oates, Jethro Tull in 1991. I’m sure tickets had been reduced from £20 to £10. I wasn’t particularly well paid, earning maybe £700ish a month. U2, The Pretenders, The Alarm in 1987, Cardiff Arms Park, were £14. That was slightly more than a whole day’s work for me as a Saturday boy, and slightly more than an album, I’m tempted to say? (The U2 tickets are now sold on memorabilia sites for £25! 😀 ) By comparison, the Adele tickets show just how poorly I’m paid these days. 😀

desperatebicycle

She obviously needs the dosh, poor woman.

2tyred

Too much ticket-buying, not enough ticket-using lately! 🙁

Beth Gibbons at the Usher hall in Edinburgh in June, first album in 20-odd years imminent (unless you count the Polish classical one she’s on).

Northwind

Coming up soon, Craig Finn from the Hold Steady doing a solo show, and Grace Petrie here in Edinburgh. Hoping for a soul-crushingly miserable set from Craig, THS shows are always so uplifting and rabble rousey, but the solo is best when it’s staring into the abyss I think. I want doomed love, overdoses, life below on the poverty line, irreversible brain damage, all the usual crowdpleasers.

IdleJon

Ginger from The Wildhearts doing a solo, acoustic thing. I know very little of their/his stuff but like what I’ve listened to.

It’ll probably be quite cultish- 90% of the crowd will know the words better than Ginger does- and a bit self indulgent but I’ve still loved it the last couple of times I’ve seen him do the solo-ish thing. Plus, he had his dog on stage and she kept going on a wander through the venue for scritches.

razorrazoo

Went to Idles at Banquet Records album release show last night.  Absolutely fantastic, small(ish) venue, songs from all 5 albums, new and old favourites, crowdsurfing guitarists, huge mosh pit, so much energy and brilliant musicians.

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve got Nadine Shah at the brudenell on Thursday. I’ve wanted to see her for ages.

redmex
    Free Member

Richard Hawley at the Usher Hall

razorrazoo

IMG_0648IMG_0649

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ginger from The Wildhearts

Did he not want to go where the people go, then?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Heart in Nottingham. Can’t wait.

StuF

Went to Idles at Banquet Records album release show last night. Absolutely fantastic, small(ish) venue, songs from all 5 albums, new and old favourites, crowdsurfing guitarists, huge mosh pit, so much energy and brilliant musicians.

Really looking forward to seeing them in Nov at Rock City.

Also love that they’ve used AI to recreate Coldplay’s yellow video but with the words to Grace https://youtu.be/gnd4jIBRfHE?si=-FBV97w94HR8B3t8

brian2
    Free Member

Pearl Jam world tour this year, tickets for them  Smashing Pumpkins and Arcade Fire £400 🫢

brian2
    Free Member

Lisbon and Viagogo. Thieiving gits.

Sandwich

We now have a family trip to see our favourite gay folk singer in Norwich next month. Negotiations are in place to see Avril Lavigne in June. Not sure if that will happen though.

sadexpunk

just booked idles for leeds on thursday, me and the missus.  only announced a few hours ago, an ‘outstore’ gig, buy the album and a ticket for £20, think its part of the brudenell (project house).

sold out in minutes (seconds?) so theyve added an earlier show at 5pm, still a few tickets left through crash records if anyones interested.

IDLES – TANGK: Album + Ticket Bundle EARLY SHOW (Album Launch Show at Project House Leeds)

IdleJon

Ginger from The Wildhearts

Did he not want to go where the people go, then?

150 people crammed into a room a bit bigger than of my dining room, so I think he did! (That’s not a boast about the size of my house, btw, it’s normal size. 😀 ) Ginger had his dog with him as well, making regular forays into the crowd looking for the squeaky toys launched from the stage. Before buying the ticket I knew nothing about The Wildhearts other than the name. After it. I’d go and see him again. It was enjoyable.

IdleJon

Pearl Jam world tour this year, tickets for them  Smashing Pumpkins and Arcade Fire £400 🫢

You can buy a bike for that. A decent one.

razorrazoo

Excited. Just bought a ticket for Therapy? Troublegum 30 years in London 16 November.  Standing tickets still available on Ticketmaster, I’m going as mr no mates as not my wife’s / mates cup of tea.

CountZero

The Breeders gig in Bristol I posted about is some sort of all-day festival, not interested in any of the other acts, so binned that.
    Been reading a lot about the new album by Hurray for the Riff Raff, saw them at Greenman and EOTR, and they were outstanding, so I thought I’d check to see if there were any dates in the U.K. to support it. Lo, and indeed, behold, they’re playing a little venue in Bristol centre called Strange Brew! Nice and intimate place, and tickets were £20! Really looking forward to seeing them, Alynda, who is effectively HFTRR, has tremendous stage presence, and is a good songwriter, her life as a youngster living on the streets gives her a real insight into that life.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Olivia Rodrigo in Birmingham in May with my daughter. I have no interest in it but that’s not the point, it’s to make someone else happy.

Marin
    Free Member

Dub Pistols tomorrow and Evil Blizzard next Friday. I really hope EB are as mental as the last time I saw them.

anagallis_arvensis

Got tickets to see Miles Hunt do an acoustic show in Reading in June…super excited!!

goslow

Looking forward to seeing Nadine Shah in a record store on Saturday then her proper gig in April.

spawnofyorkshire

@goslow

Saw her short but sweet gig at the brudenell last night. She sounded great

goslow

@spawnofyorkshire That’s what I’m hoping for tomorrow 🙂

sadexpunk

idles last night at project house in leeds, decent (new?) venue.

pretty good night all round. it may take a bit of time for me to get used to the new album and direction but they still kill it live.

desperatebicycle

goslow
    Looking forward to seeing Nadine Shah in a record store..

New album is superb

igm

“Was kind of half tempted to try and get ACDC tickets but with half a “real” crew, the nearest one being at Wembley (which I hate as a venue), the cost of the tickets, hotel and getting there and back, I decided to give it a miss.”

Spare a thought for the parents of AC/DC mad teenagers. I’ve seen them three times (including the Axl one – surprisingly good) and I will be ex-communicated if the boys don’t get to go. So, family trip out, that’ll be four tickets please.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,636 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.